MilluPlug, collaborate with everything

Comments

• Hello @sanderloonen,

Sorry but it's not possible. At least for now.
    Keyframes for mapping are in the making, but I cannot give you a release date for the moment. Sorry.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi Philippe,

can MillluPlug be used to have one Millumin control another Millumin on a second computer?

An example use:
    On the first computer, Board 3, when I Play column 10 it also plays column 3 of Millumin on the 2nd computer.

Regards,

David.
  • Hello @dekard97,

Yes you can do it via MilluPlug, by creating "OSC plugs".
    However, if your setup is complex, I suggest you to create your own patch (see the developer-kit). I think it'll fit better your need if there are very specific.

Best. Philippe
  • I would certainly have about 30 cues where I'd want to sync Millumin 1 to Millumin 2.

Can I write an OSC command and kind of just drop it in one column on a layer? So when I play that column it would trigger the OSC command thus playing a column on Millumin 2. Kind of like SimpleSync but more specific.

Thanks,

David.
  • Hello @deckard97,

Yes, you can do it via MilluPlug, by creating a "Millumin" plug that sends an OSC message. But you cannot do it directly in Millumin.

Best. Philippe
  • And just out of curiosity, when you say to create my own patch, in the end that would be something running outside Millumin that I would use to trigger Millumin, right?

Thanks.
  • Hi everybody!

I have a little question about MilluPlug, and i'd like to have your feedback on it.
    I set MilluPlug up to change X and Y positions of 6 sliced layers in my composition, corresponding to a Midi fader on a Korg NanoKontrol.
    Meanwhile, I have a MIDI mapping on Millumin, to launch/stop/change opacity of layers and columns.
    I noticed that, if I move the Midi fader, it does change the X/Y positions of my layers, but while it's moving, Millumin isn't responding to my MIDI orders corresponding to the Millumin mapping anymore. It comes back after the layers are done with the orders from Milluplug.
    Is there any way, for you, to be able to keep the MIDI/Millumin control while the Milluplug orders are acting?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I can't make myself crystal-clear ;-)

Vincent
  • Hello @deckard97,

Yes exactly. That's why I advise you to use the developer-kit. It's a good starting point, and easy to understand.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello @vbaudron,

I tested and I couldn't reproduce this problem. Check that you don't have any MIDI conflict, and that your machine can handle many MIDI messages at the same time.
    MIDI signals are available to all applications, and cannot be "taken and not released" by one application.

To my mind, the best solution is probably to stick with the simple MIDI mapping in Millumin : you can map X/Y directly (for a specific layer, or only the selected one).

Best. Philippe
  • Dear @Millumin,

I'll try to reproduce it soon, as soon I have time for it ;-)
    The MIDI machine does handle many MIDI messages at the same time… (even many… many!).
    We wanted to do it directly through Millumin, but the thing is that, as far as I know, it's not possible to map several controls with the same MIDI data (which could be a possible evolution for a next update ;-)).
    In our example, moving one MIDI fader would change X and Y values for at least 6 layers.

Regards,

Vincent

• I'll try Milluplug because I would really prefer running everything from Millumin. Having one Millumin control another would be ideal.

Or maybe I'll setup a Qlab to conrol both Millumin

Thanks.
  • I am using Millumin w/ Milluplug for some effect for a New Years party. I have a few questions....

1. Where is your programming saved? I dont see a save as function. I recently reopened Milluplug and all my programming is gone!! This is quite a problem for me due to the number of plugs Im using for programming. Please help.

2. Can Milluplugs programming be transferred to another machine. I have multiple licenses of Milluplug on order and was hoping to copy the content as well as the Milluplug programming to another work station.

Thanks in advance for the help
  • Hello @dhobson,

To reply to your questions :
    1. The configuration is saved only if you got a Millumin's license activated on your computer.

2. As now, there is no option to import/export MilluPlug's configuration, but you can copy the file "/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.anomes.MilluPlug.plist" where are stored the data.
      Keep in mind that MilluPlug is an experimental application.
    Best. Philippe
  • We found it.  Thank you Philippe!

I am having one other issue.  The Artnet control appears to only work on one machine at a time via milluplug.  I have ch. 1 set up to change a column and wanted to trigger a couple different machines.  It seems to work well on one, but we cant seem to figure out how to get 2 machines to respond to the same command.  It may be the virtual lighting desk software we are using but I just thought Id ask if you've seen this come up before.
  • Hello @dhobson.

I guess your virtual lighting desk software cannot send an Artnet signal to 2 different destinations.
    The software probably detects automatically one machine that accept Artnet, then set up this machine as the destination. If you start MilluPlug on another machine, it's simply ignored.
    Please contact the support of your software, and ask them how to send same Artnet signals to multiple destinations.

Best. Philippe

PS : I delete your other post about Artnet-MilluPlug (as you already asked the same question here)
  • Hello,

MilluPlug is amazing!  Thanks.

Any word on when it will be integrated into Millumin so we can save/import/export as I am using it for multiple projects and would like to use it for more... collaborating with ableton and enttec?

Chers,

Carey
  • Hello @dodgeroo,

MilluPlug will be very probably integrated in Millumin. But for now, I cannot give you a date, sorry.
    Also, remember that you can submit ideas on Uservoice : it helps us to keep track of user requests.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello Philippe,

Today I started MilluPlug and it told me there was an update. I continued the update and restarted MilluPlug, but now it crashes on startup. 

I attached the Apple Crash Report.

• Hello @Maarten,

Sorry for this version 1.19 that should have been public.
    I fixed everything and you can now update to MilluPlug v.1.20 safely.

Best. Philippe
  • hello, is there anyway to save the settings you make of milluplug you call according to the draft this done? milluplug settings will be different for each project.
    thanks and regards.
  • hello, there is a list of commands that can be written to react millumin from milluplug?
    play works, but which more work?
    thanks
  • Hello @tama,

No, it's not possible to save configurations : please read the following comment for more information.
    Also, ou cannot extend MilluPlug : you need to code your own application (download the developer-kit to get some nice examples).

Best. Philippe
  • hi, thanks for answering.
    and my second question is.
    in the last upgrade of milluplug there is a new command to run things in millumin. my question is there a list of commands that work?

thanks and regards,
  • Hello @tama,

The "command" plug is not a command for Millumin : it simply listens for a "string" message (please open the Preferences for more info).

Best. Philippe
  • Hello, sorry to insist but do not understand, look in preferences and what I see is that it supports commands from somewhere, where those commands command? from max msp?
    I would like to explain it to me better.
    thanks

• Hello @tama,

MilluPlug can receive a "string" message, to perform some action.
    A lot of applications can send a "string" message : Max, OpenFrameworks, Processing, ...

Best. Philippe
  • hello, my first post, first request :D
    Random in Animation send a new seed every image, independently of the time offset. Wouldn't it make sense to have it send a new seed every x ms ?
    also would be great to be able to have some kind of midi bpm sync for this parameters.
    Thanks for your great work Philippe!
  • Hello @tomaever,

The "Animation plug" does not send a message on every frame, but every 1/60 second, so every 16ms.
    I'm sorry but MIDI BPM is not planned for MilluPlug, but you could create an idea on Uservoice : it helps us to keep track of user requests, and see their popularity.
    However, you could create your own mini-application : please download the developer-kit, there is a lot of example in different technologies.

Best. Philippe
  • hello am using milluplug with millumin for scenic design and control it by artnet millumin and midi, but when I milluplug draft, and reboot the system and I reload milluplug to leave me where I left, was slow and sometimes tear hangs and does not respond. while booting also sharply raises the temperature of the mac.
    I'm working with the latest version of milluplug millumin a macmini and mid-2011 with an i5 processor.
    is happening? because it takes so long to tear milluplug? I have to do to make it more fluid and that every time I start praying that this does not start?
    thanks and hope to answer.
    Greetings.
  • Hello @tama,

MilluPlug saves the configuration only if Millumin is activated on your computer. The configuration is saved in OSX Preferences : be sure your Mac does not clean up Preferences at startup.

Keep in mind that MilluPlug is an application from the labs : it is a simple and
    easy-to-use application, but not always suitable for complex setup. If you have a lot of plugs (more than 30), the application may take a few seconds to start up. Why not trying the developer-kit
    (look at the nice examples) to built a short and efficient script to
    control Millumin via MIDI ?
    We are working on an integration of MilluPlug in Millumin, but I cannot give you a date. Sorry.

Best. Philippe