Using Blackmagic H.264 Pro Recorder as an input

Comments

• Hello @jalicou,

I just send you an email.

Best. Philippe
  • hello Philippe,

pls mail me the mini app from blackmagic mini recorder pls.

thanks in advance.

• finally a solution to using BM Ultrastudio Mini Recorder.

Macbook pro Retina 15"
    ultra studio mini recorder
    after market AV to HDMI Converter (in my case: FY1317)
    apple thunderbolt cable
    hdmi - hdmi cable
    composite (RC cable to RC Cable)

connection 
    video input into the FY1317
    hdmi cable from FY1317 output into BM mini recorder
    BM2Syphon Mini-App

Rest i guess everyone knows..

:))
  • Could be sending me the mini application to use the H264 pro recorder?

My email: paulo@netoeventos.com.br
  • Hello @paulozinga,

Ok I sent you an email.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello, I tried and did not work, in fact not recognized, was as NO INPUT, over the medium blackmagic express recognizes usually my equipment eh H264 pro recorder, do not know what happened, could you help me?
  • Hello @paulozinga,

Did you install the last drivers from Blackmagic ?
    If it still doesn't work, you should write to Blackmagic support, and explain your problem : they are very reactive and I'm sure they will help you.

Best. Philippe
  • Hallo Millumin, 

could you pls. send me the mini application to use it with BMD UltraStudio Express?

Thanks a lot, Gerhard
  • Hello @ipmedia,

Update coming this week will support natively Blackmagic cards (better ergonomics and performances).
    I sent you an email about this.

Best. Philippe
  • Please send me mini application to use it with BMD intensity shuttle
  • Hello @Dima_Usyaev,

You don't need it any more : please update to lastest version (1.33) and your Blackmagic card will be recognized by Millumin.

Best. Philippe
  • I have a BlackMagic H.264 Pro Recorder and the lastest version of Millumin (1.34) with a Handycam Sony and i don't see anything in Millumin.
    Someone can help me ?
    I think my BM card is no recognize

• Hello @TheGlou,

The BlackMagic H.264 Pro Recorder isn't exactly a capture card, as it broadcast H.264 video feed directly. It requires a special app : I sent you an email with a mini-app for that.

Best. Philippe
  • Thanks Philippe for you speed answer, it works.
  • hello good afternoon.

ultrastudio3d blackmagic card I have, I want to use as for SDI video capture, I do not recognize millumin. I need some plugin? or I can not use this card as capture?.

stay attentive......
  • edited July 2013
    Hello @franciscotabares,

Millumin supports natively such Blacmagic cards.
    Be sure you installed the last drivers from Blackmagic, and you use the last version of Millumin.

Best. Philippe
  • hello,
    thanks for the prompt answer, one and check and if I have the latest version of the card and millumin in millumin Declink I get as input and bmd blacmagic UltraStudio but also as shaded, or not use any parameters left, and the Declink , nothing appears, I'm haciedo wrong?
  • Hello @franciscotabares,

It is hard to understand your message. If you use GoogleTranslator, please make short sentences with dots.
    Is your Ultrastudio working with "Blackmagic Media Express" software ?

Best. Philippe
  • hello.

I'm sorry about the translator.
    as to the card, is a UltraStudio blacmagic 3d
    I connect by Tunderbolt and the millumin I recognize the card appears in the entries:

* camera mac face
    * Declink (guess it's the camera, but when the transfer layer nothing appears).
    * ultraestudio blackmagic (shaded as the transfer layer nothing appears).

there is something you are doing wrong or need any plug,

again thank you very much and apologies for the translator.
  • if I use the software (blackmagic media express)
  • Hello @franciscotabares,

Ok, it is very hard to understand you. Please send me an email to contact@millumin.com , and speak in classic Spanish, and make short sentences.
    I will use a translator.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi Philippe,

I'm really happy to use Millumin for my show. For the moment, my video input is an Iphone and an iPad (with wifi connection). But this solution is not really safe. That's why I want to buy a MBP Retina with USB 3.0 ans 2 Thunberbolt ports + a BlackMagic card. With this solution, I want to live-record with HDMI of my Canon 550d (with Magic Lantern to clean my HDMI output). Is that a good solution ? Which BlackMagic card is the best to this use ?

Thx.

Pierre
  • hello,

i'm also working with some black magic hardware (UltraStudio Express and UltraStudio Mini Recorder), trying to get 1080i 60 video from a Sony NEX-5 into Millumin; no luck. I see the "UltraStudio Mini Recorder BMD" under sources but no video comes through.  I have all the blackmagic software installed and the devices *is* recognized by their software.

is there still need for some secret app that allows this to work? is it posted somewhere?

ali
  • Hello @Batchku,

This post is about the Blackmagic H264 Pro Recorder, not Ultrastudio family that is totally supported by Millumin : you can see the device in the "Input" folder in the library.

Millumin uses the Blackmagic SDK, so it means that you have the same support and performance as native Blackmagic applications : did you try with Blackmagic Media Express ?
    You should have the same problem, and if so, please contact Blackmagic support, so they can assist you.

Best. Philippe
  • Could you send me the mini app for BMD H.264 Pro Recorder ? I'm interested to use itl as a live feed. Has anybody used it as an input on youtube live ?

Have a great day!
  • Hi!

I would like also to have the Mini App for BMD H264 Pro Recorder! Thanks!

-Timo
  • hello

could  you  please email me the blackmagic video recorder application,
    thanks in advance
  • Hello @nimadehghani,

I sent you an email.
    For other people : please send us an email to contact@millumin.com rather than posting a message here. More efficient for us.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi Philippe,
    I just bought the ultra studio mini recorder from BM.
    Can you send me your application to use the BM in Millumin.
    Thx

• Hello @riko06,

This device is directly supported by Millumin. Please check that :
    - you have the lastest drivers from Blackmagic
    - you selected the right settings in the "Media / Blackmagic" tab (properties-panel on the right)
    - no other application is using your device at the same time

If the problem persists, please test your device in Blackmagic Media Express and let us know the result.
    Best. Philippe
This discussion has been closed.