Millumin Control from ETC Ion Desk

I'm currently working on a show that is using an ETC Ion lighting desk. I'm attempting to get it to send next column commands either via DMX or OSC but having not a lot of luck. Has anyone else used one successfully?
We have a Enttec DMX Pro Mk2 but couldn't seem to assign a dmx value for the go command. All the documentation I can find is for Millumin 1.
As for Art Net, I've successfully sent OSC from one computer running Millumin 2 to the main machine so know its working that way - just the weirdness of the desks OSC implementation is getting us.
Any info people have would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hello @lotech,

You can follow this tutorial to understand how to plug your Mk2 to Millumin : of course, as you want to receive DMX (not sending it), be sure your device's mode is set to "receive".
    Also, display Millumin's monitor (see "Window" menubar) to check what you're receiving from your lighting desk or your Mk2.

Best. Philippe

• Hi Philippe, 

I dont think this is what @iotech means.
    What would be very useful for us would be control of the Millumin software over Artnet.
    much like catalyst.

in an ideal world I would be able to have the same level of control over artnet as we do over MIDI.
    Would it be possible for Artnet signals to come into the interactions learning?

that would enable us to use the video as a real lighting tool and integrate even better.

I hope it will be possible, or maybe it already is and I am not seeing it?

thanks

Sander

• Hello @sanderloonen,

The level of interaction is the same for MIDI, OSC, Artnet, ... They are only signals that trigger a function in Millumin.
    In brief : yes, you can control Millumin via Artnet directly. See this tutorial and use Millumin's monitor (see "Window" menubar) to check what you're receiving from your lighting desk or your Mk2.

That's why I think my answer is relevant (let me know Lotech) : the problem is to configure the ETC Ion lighting desk to get OSC or Artnet. Or use an USB DMX as a workaround.

Best. Philippe