UVW mapping

I was thinking about the new cinema plugin for millumin and how i may use it in production. I already use syphon to output my cinema project into millumin then render a uvw for each projector, then use ft-uv pass in AE to map my animated uv to each projector, producing a rendered video for each projector. It would be amazing if you could load a uvw pass into a layer and millumin would map the video to this like what ft-uv pass does. You could then produce just one render for playback. Is this remotley possible to implement or am i siplifying the process required.

Cheers Keith

Comments

• Hello @keith,

Interesting topic.
    Did you read this tutorial about structures and Cinema 4D plugin ? You shouldn't even need to take care of UV mapping, everything is done automatically as far as you have a modelization of the structure you project onto.

However, for now, the structure must be simple and have less than 200 vertexes. But this is something we would like to improve, so you could remap very complex structure easily.

Anyway, I'd be very interested to learn more about your process between C4D-AFX-Millumin. As well as knowing if our current structure system is suitable for your needs.
    Let us know all this, here or via email.

Best. Philippe
  • Thanks Philippe. Sorry only just seen your reply! Just about to have a look at your structures c4d plugin but im guessing our problem will be the 200 vertexes limit. I just checked our last project and our low polly uv has 22000 poloygons. I just thought ft-uv pass was worth a mention as a clever way to adjust pre rendered content. I will drop you an email with more info about our process.

Best

Keith