edge-blending for square(2*2 projectors Vertical +horizontal soft-edge)

How  to use millumin  blending overlap for 4 projectors?

Comments

• Hello @wei,

You would have to do it manually, and keep in mind this is far more complex than an horizontal or vertical soft-edge : because the central edge is shared by 4 outputs.
    To do it manually, please use the slice-editor and the effect "Soft crop".

Best. Philippe
  • Hello Phillippe,

I just buy yesterday the upgrade to V2 thinking that you can blend the projection in vertical and horizontal simultaneosly, but i see that you only can use one no both.
    Next month I have a projection with 4 projectors(2x2 square configuration) like @wei. and im looking how we can make the installation and what software use. I use lot of times the V1 with matrox and no problem because was always blending overlap in horizontal. Now is more complex.
    I try with slice editor creating 4 parts from the full image(croping) but when I put the soft crop in each layer the effect is outside the part I have crop in each layer. If i put the soft crop on the right, it works on the right of the full frame not on the right of the fragment where is overlap.

In the output i put advanced at 3840 x 2400( 4 x 1920x1200).

Im making something wrong? or with millumin is imposible to make this kind of configuration?

Thanks...
  • Hello @MinimalTV,

You're doing right : but the soft-crop effect don't take into account the slicing. We improved this, and it will be available in the next update. We also clarify the interface for the soft-crop effect.
    We sent you an intermediate version.

Best. Philippe
  • Philippe,

Thanks I receive it, i will test it and say things how it works. Thanks a lot!!!
  • Hello Philippe, 

Will this update work with the Datapath X4 in 2x2 mode as well? If so, I've got a show coming up in 2 weeks that I could really use this for so any chance I could get the intermediate version to test it out?

Cheers,
    Frédéric
  • Hello @fob67cry,

This is available in lastest official update (2.16).

Best. Philippe
  • and how it works ?
    some video tutorial  2 x 2 soft blending
  • Hello @wickiss,

Millumin does feature a system for horizontal or vertical soft-edge, but it does not feature a system for quad soft-edge.

As suggested in my first message, you could do it manually, but keep in mind this is far more
    complex than an horizontal or vertical soft-edge : because the central
    edge is shared by 4 outputs.
    To do it manually, please use the slice-editor and the effect "Soft crop".

Wi did not plan a tutorial on this topic, but we would think about it.

Best. Philippe