KinectMask, dynamic masking

2»

Comments

• Thanks
  • Hello @thyeks,

As written in the first message : "Only Kinect 1414 is currently supported. Kinect for Windows and Kinect 1473 are not."

Best. Philippe
  • edited November 2014
    thanks for the great software.

kind regards
    citizen caine
  • Hello @CitizenCaine,

Thank you the idea.
    However, the very first step would be to provide a version that supports all the Kinect correctly (including the 1473 model). Then we could study your idea.

In the meantime, you could use Synapse : there are some tutorials on their website, especially how to share the Kinect result via Syphon (for this, yes you will need Quartz Composer).

Best. Philippe
  • I'd love a version with Kinnect#1473's support :-)
  • HEY 
    DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHY MY KINECTMASKSYPHON DOES NOT EVEN CONNECT TO THE KINECT? I JUST HAVE A BLACK SQUARE. 
    THANKS
  • Hello @lizzblog,

As written in the first message : "Only Kinect 1414 is currently supported. Kinect for Windows and Kinect 1473 are not."
    That's why you got a black screen.

Best. Philippe

PS : I deleted your same message that you post on this thread, because it wasn't the right topic
  • Hi there
    Thanks for sharing this app.  I was so excited, it may sound crazy, but I had no idea the Kinect could be tilted remotely.  I nearly fell off my chair when I heard it buzzing and tilting behind me!
    The depth image is brilliant compared to the one I'm getting via Synapse, but I can't get it to appear in Syphon.  Kinectmask2Syphon appears in the dropdown, but I just get a black screen.
    I'm using a 1414 on Mac OS X 10.10
    Any ideas?
  • Hello @RexTheRunt,

The image sent via Syphon has black and transparent areas.
    Please follow the tutorial in the first message for more information.

Best. Philippe
  • edited November 2014
    Hi,

today i tried an automatic follow spot with the Kinect 1414, Synapse and QuartzComposer.

This three parts running smooth so far.

If i would like to integrate that composition into Millumin, the composition does not receive data and Millumin gives me the following message:

"Error opening socket on specified port. Please choose a different port."

Sometimes i get that composition to run, and sometimes not.
    If it works, it's great.
    Does it have to do with incorrectly set OSC channels?
    If that composition runs, than also in Millumin without OSC activated ports.
    Something i do not understand that.

kind regards
    CitizenCaine
  • Hello @CitizenCaine,

None of the ports used in your QTZ files are used by Millumin (unless you changed the default values : 5000 and 5001 in OSC settings).
    For info, Millumin uses the same libraries as Quartz Composer (Quartz.framework), so the rendering is the same. I tested the node "qcOSC", and everythign is fine.
    Be sure Quartz Composer isn't running while you execute your QTZ file in Millumin.

Best. Philippe
  • edited December 2014

Hi Philippe,

i testet it several times with different options.

- on different computers.

- of course, even without Quartz Composer running while executing the composition in Millumin.

- only the qcOSC Patch in the composition with no other patches inside.

- with other ports in the qcOSC Patch. It does not matter which port I set in the qcOSC patch. It always appear the error message in Millumin. If no port is set, the error message does not appear.

kind regards

• Hello @CitizenCaine,

I tested again a simple patch with qcOSC, moving a circle when receiving an OSC message : everything is fine, and behaving as expected.
    Did you contact qcOSC support to know more about the meaning of this error (it's generated by qcOSC itself) ? Maybe a sandboxing issue.

Best. Philippe
  • edited December 2014
    great, many thanks,

the reason was the wrong version of qcOSC. found it on that page. 

kind regards