Tripplehead2Go DP via Macbook Pro Retina HDMI Port

edited May 2014 in MAIN
Hello everyone, 

Anyone tried to connect a Tripplehead2Go via the HDMI port of a Macbook Pro Retina? 
We are preparing an installation with Millumin and we need three video projectors (3 x 1024x768) and two live camera. 
We thought to buy a MacBook Pro Retina, a Tripplehead2Go DP Edition and 2 Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt. Like the Macbook Is limited to 2 outputs Thunderbolt, it would be interesting to use the HDMI output for the Tripplehead2Go. If this is not possible, we thought otherwise buy a Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 Intensity Shuttle. 

Thank you for any possible help!

In french :

Bonjour à tous,

Quelqu'un a déjà tenté de brancher une Tripplehead2Go via le port HDMI d'un Macbook Pro Retina?
C'est
que nous sommes présentement en train de préparer une installation avec
Millumin et nous avons besoin de trois projecteurs vidéo (3 x 1024x768)
et de deux caméra live.
Nous pensions donc acheter un
MacBook Pro Retina, une Tripplehead2Go DP Edition ainsi que 2 Blackmagic
Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt. Étant limité à 2 sorties Thunderbolt, il
serait donc intéressant de récupérer la sortie HDMI du Retina pour la
Tripplehead2Go. Si ce n'est pas possible, nous avions pensé sinon de
prendre une  Shuttle Thunderbolt et une autre USB 3.0.

Merci de toute aide éventuelle!

Comments

• Hello @dubreski,

I don't think the TripleHead2GO could work on the HDMI port : I tried once, and it didn't work. Maybe the solution is to use a specific adaptator, but you should definitly ask Matrox support to get the best answer.

My advice would be to use your TripleHead via Thunderbolt (first port), then use a chassis with a BMD Decklink Duo (2 inputs, second port). You can learn more about this here.

Best. Philippe
  • You should be able to use a DVI TH2Go using an adaptor out of the HDMI port.
  • Attention: the Intensity Shuttle USB3 does not work with OS X, only Windows!
  • Hello @rolandino,

Blackmagic released OSX beta drivers for the Intensity Shuffle USB3.

Best. Philippe
  • Attention: the Intensity Shuttle USB3 does not work with OS X, only Windows!
    I can confirm that the Intensity Shuttle USB3 *does* work with OSX - works fine on my rMBP / 10.9.3.
     You need to use the 9.7.9  blackmagic software drivers - and the exact matching settings for video input / output.