I'm experimenting some irregular and bothering stutter of videos while playing some of them in the following situation (and it's really annoying because it is displayed on 7m high...):
- Apple Pro Res 50p (I know this is bad but that's the way the entire hour of video for that opera is done)
- Millumin v1.63 // 64 bits
- Apple MacbookPro Retina 2012 // 8Go RAM // 256 Go SSD // Nvidia GT650M
- OS X El Capitan (I know that it's also bad...)
- Barco 20k projector
The video is full of horizontal and vertical slow travelling (like a lift inside a building)
All of them (53 videos) are set on different layer in the dashboard and freeze at the end in order to trig seamlessly with the next one.
Most of the time, the video stutter slightly (but it's noticeable on that size of projection) but sometime it plays smoothly!!
What I have noticed:
- The problem is solved if the video is set in a composition at 0:01 and if we play from the beginning. The issue come back if I play directly at the start of the clip (like it is also in the dashboard)
- It's not happening with Qlab, QuickTime Player, Modul8...
- The FPS info displays 50fps with no drop.
What I have tested:
- Other codecs, other framerate: the same problem
- 32 bits: it plays better but the jumping from a cue to the next one is displaying a short black image...
Unfortunately the show is on monday and I would prefer to play it on Millumin than transposing everything in another software...
Any help would be useful.