Firewire Camera Settings?

edited January 2014 in MAIN
Hello,
i'm working with a firewire camera by ImagingSource and would like to access the camera settings; i need to turn auto features off, set shutter speed, choose compression, and also set the captured resolution.  anyone know a way?

ali

Comments

• Hello @Batchku,

Did you install some drivers for this camera ? Can you access to these parameters through Quicktime for example, or another application ?
    I've been talking with them about another camera, a Gige one, and they simply told me that they don't support Mac for this model. Wondering how other camera are supported on Mac ...

Best. Philippe
  • hello,
    the camera i'm using needs no drivers for os x; it's this one:

it does work in quicktime, quartz composer and other places; when i use it with Max, i can access the settings page;  it let's you set things like compression type, auto white balancing/exposure, shutter speed and such.  it's a "standard" window that opens no matter what app you're using to work with the camera; not sure how to get to this window/menu from Millumin...

any thoughts?

ali
  • Hello @Batchku,

Do you have such settings in Quicktime 7 or X ? Millumin's camera support is based on Quicktime libraries.
    Could you take a screenshot in Max, please ?

Best. Philippe