After Effects plugin, realtime video mapping

13»

Comments

• Hello @Mika,

We tested on several versions today, and everything is fine with latest CS6 or latest CC. What is your exact version of AE ?
    Are you sure you installed the "Millumin.plugin" inside the After Effects folder "Plug-ins" ?
    Did you created a composition in AE ? Then open Millumin's library : they should be a media called "After Effects" in the group "Inputs" ?

If the problem persists, please drop us an email with a TeamViewer session.
    Best. Philippe
  • Hi millumin, 
    Why I don't see "show slice editor" as in your video?? 
  • I tried your project. But still don't have. Please help me! Thank you so much!! 
  • Hello @lion5893,

The button "Show Slice Editor" is inside the "Mapping" tab. Open it and you'll find it.

Did that help ?

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas
    A.png 105.7K
  • Hi @NicolasB,
    After config realtime millumin and after effect, Can I render video on after effect and show video on cubes?? 
    Thank for supported. 
  • Hello @lion5893,

If your export your after project as a movie and then you use it to replace the after effect media in your project Millumin it will be mapped as well. It is all the the idea of this plugin. Easily prepare your media in After Effect while it's mapped by Millumin, and then export it to use it inside Millumin.
    So, the short answer is yes.

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas

• Hi @NicolasB,
    Thank you so much. Do you have any other projects after effect on cubes? I really need it. Please help me!! 
  • edited March 2018

• Hello @lion5893,

I am sorry, but I don't have any after effect project to share with you. What do you want to do ?
    About your last message, you can find some answer about how to use Millumin and mask in this tutorial.

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas
  • Hello, I'm using AE plugin and it works great. How can I render my composition to MOV file?
    Thanks.
  • Hello @DCadens

Using After effect, you can render your composition by going into "File->export->add to render queue". 
    Then you can import your movie file in Millumin. 

Best 
  • Thank you, but what I need to know is if I can do a render from Millumin to MOV or mp4.
    I want to save the mapping show to a USB drive and played from the projector. 
  • Hello @DCadens

In Millumin, you can go in "Timeline->Export to file".

Best 
  • Is the plugin working with Adobe CC 2018? I am having no luck with it
  • Hello @jamesont,

I just tried with latest After Effects CC (15.1.2) and everything is fine.
    Did you create a composition in After Effects ? Don't you see the After Effects input in Millumin's library (in folder "Inputs") ?

Best. Philippe
  • edited July 2020
    Hello, 

First of all, thanks for the amazing millumin!

I just tried to install the AE plugin. I get this error message when I open up AE.

What should I do?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, i'm on AE version 17.1.1 (build 34)
  • Hello @YannickB,

Did you install the plugin via Millumin/Preferences/Addons ?
    This looks like a bad file. I tested the plugin on maOS 10.14.6 and with After Effects CC 2020 (17.0.4) and everything is fine.

Best. Philippe
  • Hey!

Thanks for your help. I just did what you said and it worked.

Many thanks
  • I just tested on M1 Mac OSX 12.1 with After Effects 2022 21.1.1 and Millumin 4.12.d is not seeing After Effects as an input.

I know this worked on an older version of AE with an older version of OSX.

Please advise. Thanks!

• Hello @projectileobjects,

Are you using the beta optimized for Apple M1 ?

If so, the plugin for After Effects is not compiled for such a version. Only for Intel application (or applications running through Rosetta).

Best. Philippe

• I must be. Is 4.12.d the M1 beta version?

Thank you.

• Hello @projectileobjects,

Yes, Millumin V4 is an universal application (Intel/M1) but the plugin for After Effects is a separate project. In brief, the plugin for After Effects is only compiled for Intel for now, and cannot be used with After Effects for M1. Can you run official After Effects version using Rosetta (it should load the plugin) ?

As After Effects for M1 is currently in beta, we're waiting for Adobe to make it official before working on M1 support for the plugin.

Are my explanations clear ?

Best. Philippe

• Dear Philippe

What's the status on the AE plugin for M1/2?

Best. Kasper

• Hello @CosmicZ,

Nothing sure, but we might work on it in July.

For now, you can use the plugin in Rosetta mode.

Best. Philippe