reducing the live video input delay

edited January 2014 in MAIN
Hello Millumin.
I am event video operater, and really like concept of Millumin.
and the POWER of 64bit is great
but there is something to add / solve to become best I think..

my wishlist  :

00. live video input with small delay to work with live event
I tried active sillicon phoenix card & AJA Kona Lhe
phoenix card - catalyst media server - syphoner - millumin was best I tried in my 2010 mac pro

01. transport tools / time measures in timeline & timeline zoom control with wheel like sony vegas
02. LTC & MTC sync in timeline
03. cue list manager
03. live text input tool
04. audio waveform view
05. seamless transition between timeline & dashboard

thank you for great work
Regards,
Monty

Comments

• moving from os 6.8 to 8.5 reduced the delay
    moving from GTX285 to GTX475 reduced the delay
  • Hello @neocoder,

Thank you for your feedback.
    In a general manner, it's better to post your feedback on Uservoice : it helps us to keep track of user requests, and measure their popularity.

To reply to your requests :
    • live video input with small delay to work with live event
      We are already supporting natively Blackmagic cards for best performances and ergonomy.
      Recently, we also became AJA third-party developer, and we hope to support these hardwares natively in the next months for best optimizations.

• 01. transport tools / time measures in timeline & timeline zoom control with wheel like sony vegas
      Please create an idea on Uservoice.
      The zoom for composition is planned to be redesigned (it's really needed !).

• 02. LTC & MTC sync in timeline
      You can vote for this idea.

• 03. cue list manager
      Could you create an idea on Uservoice, explaining in detail your need ? Thank you.

• 03. live text input tool
      You can create text directly in Millumin : from the menubar, click on "Layer" then "New Media Layer with Text Source".
      The content is store in a TXT file, but you can change it in realtime.

• 04. audio waveform view
      You can vote for this idea.

• 05. seamless transition between timeline & dashboard
      Composition and dashboard are 2 different modes, and should not be used together.
      We encourage the users to create compositions during rehearsal, then sequence the show via one or more boards.
      Do you know you can use compositions/cuepoints directly in the dashboard ? This way, you do not have to switch between the 2 modes : you simply stays in the dashboard to run your show.
      Moreoever, we planned an evolution for compositions, so the integration is even easier in the dashboard.

Best. Philippe