NDI Output stuttering [SOLVED]

edited December 2020 in MAIN
Hey,
I've just bought a TriCaster from NewTek and I'm trying to connect Millumin via NDI so I can playback Videos with Alpha via NDI.
Connection works very well but all videos I am trying to playback are stuttering. Sometimes they are smooth ... than stuttering again at the exact same position.
My TriCaster Project and the Videos are 50fps.
I also did not find a way to change the frame rate for the NDI Output. But I'm not sure how exactly NDI is working with frame rates.
Any thoughts?

I'm connected with a NetGear M4250 Switch with 10 GbE Uplink to the TriCaster and just my Laptop directly connected to a 1 GbE Port. So I think bandwidth cannot be the problem.

It would be so great to playback videos with alpha via NDI. Would make so many things that much easier!

Kind regards

PS: The stuttering is the same when just playing back Videos without the Alpha Channel.

Comments

• Please run this test :
    - disconnect any device and display from your computer
    - run the project attached : there are 2 canvases, one outputting NDI, the other receiving it
    - do you have the issue ?
    - if ok, play your movie : do you have the issue ?

About framerate : Millumin framerate matches the framerate of your displays. If your displays run at 60Hz, Millumin will render at 60fps as well.

Let us know the results.
    Best. Philippe
  • edited December 2020
    Hey, thank your for your fast reply. I downloaded and opened the project.
    When setting both of the canvas to 1024x768px everything seems to be fine.
    1920x1080 is stuttering 3840x2160 even more.

1024x768: 60% Graphics Card Usage
    1920x1080: 80% Graphics Card Usage
    3840x2160: 90% Graphics Card Usage

MacBook Pro 2016 with TouchBar (i7 2,9 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 460 4 GB)
    I'll be back in office tomorrow and will do the same test with my iMac Pro.

Is my MacBook really too weak to send just one NDI Stream???
  • edited December 2020
    Hello.

We just published an update with an optmization for some situation like yours.
    For sure, sending NDI with alpha is way more intensive than without alpha, but nowadays computers and a good network should be able to do so.

Best. Philippe