mapping with 3 VPS

Hello, I am pretty new with millumin and i can't figure how to set the canevas in order to have a 3 VPs projection as you can see in the attached picture. Can you help me ?

Vps.png 91.4K

Comments

• You can do so with the "advanced layout" : select it in Output popup.

Alternatively (but less optimized), you can use 2 syphoned canvases. See attached project.

Best. Philippe
  • Thank you Philippe, your explanation is very clear.
    Why do you find the second solution less accurate ?

I have 2 more questions :
    - Is it possible to have precise sizes in the advanced layout (like 1920x1080) for each VP ?
    - Is there a way to have and adjust a softedge between the two low VPs, and also a softedge between the top VP and the group of 2 VP's below ?

Thank you very much
  • Hello @ferdinan70,

# Why do you find the second solution less accurate ?
    The second solution requires 2 canvases to be rendered, so it's less efficient than using an "advanced layout" in Output popup (less processing).

# Is it possible to have precise sizes in the advanced layout (like 1920x1080) for each VP ?
    We have planned to redesign this part of the interface to improve ergonomics.
    For now, you can double-click on controls to edit values with numbers.

# Is there a way to have and adjust a softedge between the two low VPs,
    and also a softedge between the top VP and the group of 2 VP's below ?
    Millumin has a simple method to create vertical or horizontal soft-edge (see this tutorial).
    For advanced soft-edge like yours, you need to manually set it with the "soft-crop" effect : this is where the "2 canvases" method is practical.

Best. Philippe