V2+ beta Freezing Kinect Issues

edited October 2017 in MAIN
I have a freezing problem when linking a Kinect 2. It eventually freezes and will not come back until I restart the program. This happens every time I use the Kinect, usually within 10-15 minutes. Doesn't matter if it is the only thing in the project or if there are other assets.

Worth noting the Kinect 2 works without issue on the latest stable version of Millumin 2.

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Hello @jmellars,

We run some tests with the Kinect2 this last days. We didn't find any problem with the Kinect2. All work well for us.
    Could you tell us the version number of your macOS ? You can find it in "about this mac" when you click on the apple in the menu bar. The version number is under the OS name (El Capitan, Sierra, etc...).

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas
  • 10.12.6/MBP 13"/3Ghz i7/16GB/Integrated Graphics (This is just a test machine. I'll be trying the same setup on a MacPro next week some time.)

Thanks!
  • Hello @jmellars,

We will send you a special version of Millumin with a fix for this problem.

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas
  • Hello. I have same problems with my kinect 2 and my MacBook Pro 2017 - Mojave OS.
    Kinect is working, then the image freeze and every sensor turn off.
    I have to quit Millumin and restart it.
    After some minutes it breaks again
  • Hello @libios85,

Are you using an extended usb cable or an usb hub with your kinect ?

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas
  • @NicolasB ;
    i'm using Kinect V2 and official microsoft usb adaptor.
    I plug usb 3 in usb C adaptor
  • Hello @libios85,

Can you connect your kinect,  open the system report of your mac, save it and sent it to us at contact@millumin.com ?

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas