mini recorder and hdmi in

Hello !

I have an issue with the Blackmagic mini recorder : when I plug it he is recognized my Millumin, so no problem...
It works if I use the Blackmagic mini studio 4K with sdi (via the Blackmagic video assist) : I can see my live feed. 

But if I use HDMI (with another camera), I can't see anything, totally black ! (of course I change via the desktop video setup and choose HDMI over SDI)
Did you had that issue ? Everything is up to date... I don't know where is the problem ! I tried to plug the video assist on a monitor via HDMI and I have a signal (see the picture).

Comments

• What is the HDMI output format (1080p 60Hz, 1080i 50Hz...)?
  • Hello @rlalire,

Be sure to use a format that is suitable for the Mini Recorder (see this page). For example, be sure your camera doesn't output at 4K.

Also, did you tried with Blackmagic Media Express ? What is the result ?
    Did you contact Blackmagic support to assist you ?

Best. Philippe
  • thank you for your answers ! That's why I don't understand because, as you can see on the picture, it works on a screen ! I use mini HDMI to HDMI for the camera, hdmi in the video copilot, hdmi out on the monitor and I have my video feed ! Should work on Millumin if can see the feed on a screen no ?
  • Hello @rlalire,

No sure to understand the situation :
    - What is the output format of your camera ? 1080p60 ? 1080i50 ?
    - Did you tried with Blackmagic Media Express ? What is the result ?
    - Did you contact Blackmagic support to assist you ?

Best. Philippe
  • edited May 2019
    If you are using 1080P 50hz or 60hz this is the problem.
    Mini Recorder supports 1080P 25/30 only or 1080i 50/60
  • Hello ! It works now ;-)
    It was from the settings of my RX100 Miii, I was in 1080p... and it works with 1080i, thank you guys !!!