Dante Virtual Soundcard routing

I am using Dante Virtual soundcard for 8 channels of output.  The DVSC is set as the default audio output for the system.

Everytime I add new material, I need to set the routing to be to the Dante system.

Is there a way to make this routing the default?

DH

Comments

• From what I understand, you set DVS as the audio output from macOS System Preferences / Audio, right ?
    In this case, you don't need to change anything in Millumin : everything that comes out Millumin (or another application) should go directly in DVS (just as if you did select your headphone or another audio device).

Best. Philippe
  • I will double check this morning.

One other question about multi track audio.

I am receiving some files as 8 mono tracks.  When they play in Millumin, they only show up as one track.  Is there a way to make it 8 separate tracks?

If i convert and make it one stream of 8 tracks, it comes in as 8 tracks.

Client can't seem to get this right, so hoping to solve without rendering.
  • Back to the Dante assignments.  It will output some of the channels if it is not assigned, but to get the audio assigned to the 8 output channels I still need to go in the routing menu and select DVSC.  Then the 8x8 shows up and the audio properly assigns.

• edited May 2019

# I am receiving some files as 8 mono tracks. When they play in Millumin, they only show up as one track.  Is there a way to make it 8 separate tracks ?
    In Millumin V3, you can route and mix channel per channel (via a matrix). This may help to achieve what you want to do.

# DVSC will output some of the channels if only set in macOS Preferences. But to get the audio assigned to the 8 output channels I still need to go in the routing menu and select DVSC. Then the 8x8 shows up and the audio properly assigns.
    Are you sure your DVSC is correctly setup (see Dante Controller application) ? Is your 8-track audio files played correctly on the 8 output channels, if you ue Quicktime X ?

Best. Philippe