EGPU

Hello everybody.
I have a problem with my EGPU. 
I use a Sonnet Breakaway Box 550 with a Radeon RX 570. On the GPU side i have 2x Projectors and 2x Monitors one for Millumin Control.
The Problem is when i Play Videos on the 3 Outputs i have 100% EGPU Usage and the Content plays not Smooth. CPU has Usage of 17% and Ram has a usage of 69%. Im using HAP Codec and a Mac Book Pro Late 2016 13 inch. I also disabled workspace.
Hope some one can help me.

Comments

• First of all, be sure all your displays are connected to eGPU and you are running Millumin from one of this display (I mean, Millumin's interface is on a display connected to your eGPU). Also, be sure you don't have any external device connected (such as a Blackmagic capture card, a Kinect, ...).
    This will ease our testing and results.

Then a few questions :
    - When you hit the button "Optimize", what recommandations are displayed ?
    - Do not run any media on your 3 outputs : is the FPS (see "output" menubar) steady at 50 or 60fps ?
    - Run the shader "Stripes" on your 3 outputs : is the FPS steady ?
    - What is your version of Millumin ? 3.11.o ?
    - What is your macOS version ? 10.13.6 ?

Thank you for your answers point by point.
    Best. Philippe
  • Everything you said at the beginning is done.

- When you hit the button "Optimize", what recommandations are displayed ?
    Convert media-layers to copy-Layer (2 layers). As test file i use 3 similar video files.
    - Do not run any media on your 3 outputs : is the FPS (see "output" menubar) steady at 50 or 60fps ?
    Its steady at 59/60 fps.
    - Run the shader "Stripes" on your 3 outputs : is the FPS steady ?
    Sorry, have this software since couple days. What do you mean exactly?
    - What is your version of Millumin ? 3.11.o ?
    3.11.o Demo version
    - What is your macOS version ? 10.13.6 ?

Best regards 
    Ben

• Hello @benjamin65,

Please use the shader "Stripes" that is located in Millumin's library (right of the interface, click the button ">" if needed) inside the folder "shaders". What is the FPS is you play this shader instead of your movies ?

If you play your 3 movies, is the FPS going down ?

Could you install macOS High Sierra (10.13.6) on your computer ? Does this make a difference ?

Best. Philippe