Dashboard media stay play after next column

Hello, Sorry for my English , 

For my project, I need to have each column play assign too my makey makey. I would like that each media stay play in my outpout. I no want to my media stop when i click on the next column. I would like that my media stay on and not off. 

Sorry, I imagine that this function is simple. 

Thanks for you attention and your answer. 

Simon

Comments

• Hello @CaptainSpot,

You can extend your media accross several columns. See attached project.
    If you're beginning with Millumin, we recommand you to follow this tutorial.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello Philippe ! 

Thanks a lot, it's really simple ! I do the same on the after effect for example... 

thanks for this solution

Cordially, 

Simon

• I go to test this method with my project. It's cool but the problem is that obligate the people to start at  the first column ... 
    If the public launch the Second or Thirth column, all media before this column will be sent out.
    the principle of my project is to assign at 5 makey makey for the public lights the wall of an abbey. Each column will be a part of the wall :first column = the left stained glass window  / second column = the central wall etc... 

I wish people could randomly turn every part of the wall on and off.  I plan to create between 5 and 10 different walls in order to have several paintings. 

Thanks for you help. 

Simon 

•  Hello @CaptainSpot,

So in your case, you shoudn't use columns to launch your content.
    Rather assign a MakeMakey interaction on every media (so 5 in total). Change the interaction's transformer to "toggle" if you want to turn on/off the media. Add a media-transition if needed.
    More info on this tutorial and this one.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello Philippe ! 

Thanks a lot, 

I think it's working...:) 

Can you tell me that's what it is? (in attachement) 

Thanks a lo for you help. 

Simon 

• Hello @CaptainSpot,

Yes, it seems to be what you want. But you're the only one to know this.

Best. Philippe
  • Affirmative, I wanted to be sure I was in the right line of reasoning and procedure.
    Of course the visuals and mask will be quite different... :)
    Thank you very much for the advice.

Simon
  • Hi Philippe, 

Sorry for the disturb but i'am completely lost in my project. 

I'm trying to apply your advice above but my process doesn't work. 

I can't turn off or light randomly every part of my abbey wall.  

I've assign my makey makey at the opacity of my movie and not at the play of my column. It's ok with other media in my first project test that I presented to you above. 

it's possible to let in attachement my current project ? 

thanks a lot. 

Simon 

• In this on attachment all is ok ... but it's a same method of devices ... I don't understand. 

Thanks 

• Hello @CaptainSpot,

Sorry, I don't understand where your problem is. What do you mean by "I can't turn off or light randomly every part of my abbey wall" ?

For info, the solution I provide wasn't using the opacity : it was just about assigning the interaction on the media itself (a cell in the dashboard).

Best. Philippe
  • Hello Philippe, 

Thanks for you answer. 

Ok i understand my mistake. 
    I want the public to be able to light randomly every element of the abbey wall: for example, the right-hand stained glass window or a column. The goal is that the elements can remain on or not randomly. Each elements will be assign at makey makey object. 

thanks for your help. 

•  Hello @CaptainSpot,

If you followed my solution, your audience will be able to press a button (on the MakeyMakey) to toggle each media individually (show or hide it).

I don't understand what you want to do in addition of this.
    If you want a random behavior, you would have to program it (for example via OSC).

Best. Philippe