Using "Advanced" output mode

edited April 2017 in MAIN
Using the "advanced" output mode, it is possible adjust for different pixel densities and positions. Unfortunately, most of this is accomplished "by eye" using the mouse. Is there any way to enter/see numeric values for a screen's size?

There also doesn't seem to be a way to add soft blend in advanced mode - is this the case?

Also in advanced mode, is there a way to rotate a display? I have only seem to be able to accomplish this by unchecking "maintain ratio" and moving the corner handles one by one to make the rotation. This is terribly inaccurate.

Comments

• Hello @michaelvoccola,

You could create such a setup by selecting "advanced layout" for your canvas (see Output popup).
    This way, you could manage what each monitor is displaying, so the whole setup looks like a single canvas.

Best. Philippe
  • I am aware of the advanced layout usage. The issue is that there is no way to ensure accuracy when rotating a display. Much in the way that layers can be rotated, we need to be able to rotate an output while otherwise maintaining its dimensions/aspect.

While it is currently possible to sort of hack it by moving handles one-by-one, I don't see a way to do this with any level of precision.
  • Hello @michaelvoccola,

Ok, I see, you edited you post after I wrote my answers, so they are totally different from the questions now.
    Here are my new answers :

# Is there any way to enter/see numeric values for a screen's size ?
    As now, there isn't. But you can double-click one of the anchor to edit its value numerically.

# There also doesn't seem to be a way to add soft blend in advanced mode - is this the case ?
    Yes this is the case. Soft-edge for advanced-layout is far more complex that simple horizontal or vertical soft-edge. Especially since edges can be shared by more than 2 displays.
    We hope to come with a proper solution with V2+ edition of Millumin. Thank you your patience.

# In advanced mode, is there a way to rotate a display ?
    No, sorry, but feel free to create an idea on Uservoice. It helps us to keep track of user requests, and see their popularity.

Best. Philippe