OSC Cue

Hello!

I'm trying to control a lighting desk (Martin M-series) through osc, but I'm having a problem. In Millumin I find no way to send a command like a "Push-Button" in TouchOSC.

For example:

1º- I add a CSO Cue, the command is:

/ Mx / button / 5513

The minimum value is 0
The maximum value is 1

This command is like pressing the "GO" button on the light desk

2º-Play the Timeline, and when just passes over the CUE, the command "/ Mx / button / 5513" must be executed, sending only at that moment the value of 1.

It is as if I pressed a 'Push-Button' in TouchOSC.

I've tried different combinations with 3 cues:

First cue to 0
Second cue 1
Third cue to 0

But if  the Cues are too separated the Martin software detects progression between 0 and 1 and 1 to 0, firing several times the GO button 

If along much the Cues  the Martin software does not respond well, sometimes the command is executed and others not, however with TouchOSC works perfect every time I press the button.

Is there a single execution Cue  that send the command to the maximum value without progression between 2 cues ? It would be very useful to have the option to give a default value to the OSC track, in this case 0 and when the cue is executed  sends value 1 but returns to 0. 

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Hello @ibox,

For now Millumin doesn't have a "flag" option in dataTrack.
    We are thinking of a solution for that use case but no release date for now.

You can submit an Uservoice about that so we keep track of your idea.

Regards

--
     AntoineM*
  • Hello!

Is the inclusion of this functionality planned? Without this feature it is very difficult to control other devices from Millumin. 

I am using OSC-GPIO & OSC-Serial (485 and 232) interfaces, and it would be great to be able to include Millumin in the projects.

Many Thanks, 
  • Hey ibox, 

have had a look at vezerapp ? 

it can control OSC signals from different apps. 

so I hope with this you get this working 

all the best Peter 
  • Hello @ibox,

In latest version, there is now an option for data-track : "follow transition". So it avoids the data-track to perform an interpolation between value (it just fires the signal once, when the column is launched).

In timelines, there is also a new kind of keyframes : "hold" (square keyframe). So data-track can send a "square" signal, a zero then a 1, only once.

Best. Philippe