Move tool applied to only current media

I need to reposition the media in a different way on the different columns.
Right now the repositioning is working for the whole layer, that's absolutely not usable, any way to achieve what I want?

Comments

• Maybe using a comp for every colum I can achieve that, it's not an elegant solution anyway...
  • Hello @davide445,

This is not possible in Millumin V1 : you would have to create different layers in the dashboard, to matches your different surfaces. Alternatively, you could use a timeline with mapping keyframes.
    There is also the mini-app MappingPresets from our lab, but keep in mind this is an experimental application (no futher development is planned).

In Millumin V2, you have access to mapping/position/scale... per column of the dashboard. More info on this tutorial.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi Philippe,
    testing with composite is possible to achieve what I need, but I need also to create a composite for every column just to manage the position.
    That is a bit wasting the easiness and flexibility to use Millumin, so I'm trying to install El Capitan on a disk partition just to run Millumin v2
  • Hi Philippe,
    did install 10.11.4 on a new partition and installed Millumin 2.
    Opened old v1 project all the media (that are in the old partition) was unlinked, I was able to remap all of them EXCEPT all the music.
    I'm able to re-import all the music, but not to put in any timeline. Checking permissions my user does have all the permissions on the specific directory.
    There are any problem in opening a v1 project with v2?
  • Ok got my answer from another topic on the forum: I can't import v1 project on v2.
    Just a feedback for you that in fact I was able to import it, except for the previous post problem.
    Now will recreate the project in v2.
  • Hello @davide445,

Where did you get such an answer on the forum ? You can V1 project inside Millumin v2 (if something have been changed in comparison of V1, a message will appear).
    If you are moving a project from one disk to anotehr one : you should use the "collect project" feature (see menubar).

Best. Philippe
  • Hi Philippe,
    Not sure but I think I find the answer here
    http://forum.millumin.com/discussion/comment/1893/#Comment_1893
    Anyway I did re-create the project in the meanime, working from scratch it's ok.
    What I'm missing in v2 is the way to easily delete elements from the timeline, the little red cross in the corner in edit mode...
  • Hello @davide445,

This thread is talking about Blackmagic at the moment where Millumin V2 was in beta stage. Also, my last message on this thread is saying "Millumin 2 will import V1 project in next beta."
    If you think there is a problem with importation : please send us an email to contact (at) millumin.com with your project (just the .millumin file), and explain us how you did the importation.

To remove a media from the dashboard : edit the board (CMD+E), click on the media then hit DELETE key. Multi-selection for dashboard's media is planned (so you can multi-select them, and delete them at once).
    To remove a media from the timeline : select it then hit DELETE (the same as in Millumin V1).

Best. Philippe
  • Ok back to the point, now I have all setup again and want to achieve the thread title: moving column by column the content of the layer in different positions.
    To select the layer I want to move there is any faster way vs just clicking on the layer contour in the viewer? It's a bit difficult to do since you need to click many times to hit the line, a Tab effect that enable a fast switch btw the various layers will be nice.
  • Hello @davide445,

You can select a layer by :
    - clicking on it in the workspace
    - selecting it in the layer list

It works like in a pretty similar way as in Photoshop.
    If you need to move your layer's content on a different position at every column : be sure to read this tutorial.
    If you have a feature request, you can create an idea on Uservoice : it helps us to keep track of the feature requests, and see their popularity.

Best. Philippe
  • edited May 2016
    Hello @Philippe.
    This is the last problem I need to resolve in v1, back on the thread topic.
    I tried to create a comp with just an image and a mask, keyframed the image position so that a specific area is displayed trough the mask.
    Now putting the comp in a column I want the comp will remain visible for the whole time the music is playing. I'm unable to obtain this, either setting the comp loop to freeze, infinite or auto-follow, after the comp finish the screen become black.
  • edited May 2016
    The advantage in having a program not too complex is you have not so many things to experiments with :)
    Resolved trying to use cue: set a cue for start and a cue for end in the comp and now is looping perfectly.
    Still it's a bit counter-intuidive, IMHO the comp need to loop without needing this cue setup.
    The side benefit of using cue is I can use a single comp putting inside all the images, and using cue to setup what image to display for every column in the board, so no need to create a comp for every image just to set the position.
  • Hello @davide445,

Did you try to change the duration of your composition ?
    Your image should run on the whole composition. The gray-bar while editing the composition, is just there to play portion of your composition, but it has no effect then in the dashboard (same behavior of After Effects).

By the way, you could split your composition in several parts via the cuepoints. More infor on this tutorial.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi @Philippe
    Problem is I can't find a way to experiment with the comp time bar, being overlaid from all the cue icons I can't select nor change it.
    Any way to do it in another way?
    In any case if didn't have effect in the dashboard It's not useful for my needs, where I want my comp to cycle or stop in a single image.
  • You can zoom in the timeline with the right +/- button, then resize the gray bar.
    You can edit the name of a cuepoint (or remove it) by double-clicking on it.
    More info on this tutorial.