keep midi mapping between boards

edited July 2015 in MAIN
Hi. I had the bad surprise to see the midi mapping is not kept between the different boards. My mistake ?

I would like to keep the match between one key of my launchpad and one case of boards (all boards).

Example > First bouton of the launchpad match with the first media (first column and first row) of a board named A. Is there a way to keep this same button of launchpad to match with the first media (first column and first row) of an another board (named B for example) ?

When I match the first button with the first media on a board, it desactivates the midi mapping media (at same position) on the another board...

Thank you for your help !

Comments

• Hum. I can play between "map layer per layer" and "map selected layer only" ?
    Thx for your help ;)
  • Hello @romaincarlier

Millumin doesn't support such advanced feature. 
    To achieve this, you can build a custom application with the dev-kit.

regards 
    Antoine M*
  • Hello again @romaincarlier,

You can also give a try to Milluplug. Bind the same midi key from your launchPad to different "media started" in Millumin

regards
    Antoine M*
  • Arf... Very bad news :-(
    Is there a way to select layer with keys of keyboard ? Exemple : up arrow to select the previous layer and down arrow to select the next layer ?
  • Hello @romaincarlier,

No, there is no such feature. Sorry.
    MIDI mapping in Millumin is associated to a specific layer, not the index of the layer.

As Antoine stated, you could use MilluPlug to create a 8x8 grid for your launchpad (since MilluPlug is working with the index of the layer). But you would have to create 64 plugs.

Another solution would be to create a small patch, to convert your MIDI signal coming from the launchpad, to an OSC message towards Millumin. There are a lot of example in the developer-kit, especially in Python which is easy.

Last solution is to use only one board. Probably the more efficient one (you can add as many columns as you want, be sure to click on "edit board" button at the bottom).

Best. Philippe
  • Ok. So I think I will try to map 64 buttons of my launchpad via Milluplug. Long time is needed ...Yeah baby !!! ;-)
  • Dear @romaincarlier,
    We had the exact same concern for a while and we ended up by creating a very simple midi to osc interface on quartz composer, which made us able to keep the exact same mapping for every board.
    Do not hesitate should you need further details.
    Vincent
  • Hi @Kalagan, thank you for your answer.
    I decided to create 64 and more assignations between Millumin and my launchpad, via Milluplug...
    For this moment, it works ...
    I can't program with QC, because I never had made whatever on this soft... Maybe a day ;-)
    If I need, I will come back to you ! ;)

Thank you very much. Have a nice day !
  • Dear @Kalagan,
    i would be interested in your quartz composition, as I'm trying to achieve the same result and keep the same midi controls on the different layers. Would you share it with us, or give us more insight on how to re-create such an interface ?
    Thanks in advance.
    best regards,
    em