Kinect + Synapse + Quartz Composer + Millumin

Hi !

I've created an interactive project in QC using Kinect and Synapse and it works.
Now I want to map the result of my QC project over objects using Millumin but I can't make the QC file work into Millumin. 
How can i import my project into Millumin connecting also all the effects ??

Please help me, it's quite urgent.
Thank you 

Comments

• Hello @Giorgis,

If you want to tune your effects in millumin using your Kinect position, the best way to do it might be OSC (see QCOSC and the OSC documentation). 

If you want to import your QC file into Millumin, you just have to drag'n drop into the library. To control your QC composition from millumin you have to publish the inputs in your QC file (right click on the connector/publishInput/enter)

Regards
    AntoineM*
  • Hello

You can also use syphon in QC to send video into Millumin.

Manu
  • Hi,

thanks for the answers.
    I think i'm gonna try to use syphon because i just need to send the output video generated from the QC project to Millumin.
    Do you know exactly what i have to do? Because I can't find any tutorial of this... I've installed syphon plug-ins for QC, now do i have to connect my output video to Syphon in QC? And how can i reach the output in Millumin? Maybe @Manouche35 can help me :P 

Thanks a lot!
  • Hello @Giorgis,

You'll find attached a Syphon server sample (inspired from this one). 
    You have to adapt it to your QC File to render your output into a Syphon server.

The Syphon server will appear in Millumin library when available.

Regards
    AntoineM*
  • Thanks a lot @antoineM !

Now I have connected my output to syphon server... Now, how/where can i found my output video in Millumin? Can I keep running the QC project?

(sorry for all these questions but i'm new about Millumin :) )
  • Probably I have to choose Layer -> New media layer from Syphon Source but I can't find this right now!
  • If you don't see your Syphon Source in Millumin (at the left, in the folder INPUTS), probably Syphon server is not connected correctly.
    Check your Syphon with "Syphon Recorder" or Syphon "Simple Client" (2 software)
    If doesn't work, the problem comes from your QC file.
    Use "Render in image" and plug output into Syphon plugin and a "Clear". Then, double-click on "Render in Image" and paste your entire path. Normally, it works.
    If you have a problem, send me your QC file.
    (Sorry for my english)
  • Finally I found my syphon source into the input folder! :)

Thanks a lot! 

• You're welcome ! :-)