Summary / Final Round up of Video Capture for PRO use
After going through the discussions and trying to figure out the best option for video capture I've put down a summary of options that can be used.
so i need your help to finalise on the best possible solution without much latency or lag.
Laptop with 2 thunderbolt ports (MacBook Pro Retina)
- 1st port for capture and 2nd port for video output (DVI/VGA/Triplehead/Datapath)
Video capture of 2 types of sources at any given point : Live camera and DVI/VGA output of a laptop or Switcher
1. Blackmagic Mini Recorder + DVI extender (1 input)
2. Blackmagic Deckline Mini recorder / Duo / Quad PCIe cards (1 or 2 or 4 input)
pls suggest a expansion chassis from the following OR any other make / brand
- Sonnet Echo Express SEL ( 1 slot)
- Sonnet Echo Express II ( 2 slot )
- Sonnet Echo Express III-D ( 3 slot )
- Magma ExpressBox 1T ( 1 Slot )
- Magma ExpressBox 3T ( 3 slot )
- mLogic Thunderbolt PCIe Mac expansion chassis (1 slot )
- any Datapath Capture cards that can be used or supported ?
- any Deltacast Capture cards that can be used or supported?
3. AJA IO XT or Ultrastudio ( 1 input )
*note i already own a Ultrastudio Mini Recorder and DVI extender