Scale grid overlay

I'm mapping onto a set and would love to be able to have a real 'to- scale' measurement to show the client as a mock up and also have as a reference to the actual set when I get to site.

Is there a metric/imperial grid that can be switched on so that I can design around that?

I'm assuming it already exists and I just can't find it, or there's a good reason for it not to exist as I can't believe I'm the first person to need this as a helpful design tool.

Cheers,

Ian

Comments

• Hello @Phatstorage,

Sorry, I am not sure to understand your question.

You are looking for a grid, let's say every 20 pixels, where you could easily snap your content ? A bit like Photoshop's grid ?

Best. Philippe

• Hi Philippe,

That's exactly right, but with the ability to show feet/inches or meters/cm so you can get measurements from the client beforehand and design a show based on those measurements, I suppose if you calculated beforehand how many pixels wide you'd need it to be, having 20px grid would do aswell, would it also be possible to snap to this grid once it's on?, I know there is snapping with holding shift but it's not based on a grid as such.

Many thanks,

Ian

• Hello @Phatstorage,

Sorry, there is no such a feature. However, you can vote for this idea here, so it helps us to keep track of your request and see if other users are interested.

However, depending on your needs, you might use another feature to place your content : set the anchor of a layer and the workspace origin.

Best. Philippe

• Fair enough,

Thanks for your reply Philippe.

Ian