Display Test Card Shows Two Cards For One Canvas

Hello, All!

I'm having an issue that seems new to me and I'm hoping you can help.

I have a Mac Studio with two USB-C-to-HDMI adapters running to a switcher. My outputs are 3840x1728 pixels each. I have made a canvas and configured the layout as a 2 X 1 with a total pixel dimension of 7680x1728.

Playing the custom content works fine. (Mostly) No, the weird issue I'm having is that when I Display Test Card, I get two 3840x1728 Test Cards butted up against each other, not a single test card that spans the entire canvas.

Does anyone know what causes this? Again, the layout reports everything is configured correctly, but generating the test card seems incorrect.

Ideas?

Comments

• Hello @Duncan,

This is the expected behavior : one test-card per output.

Is it a problem ?

Best. Philippe

• Hi, Philippe! Thanks for the reply.

I completely understand the one-test-card-per-output. In many use cases, that's totally fine. I was just having a moment where I could swear that I'd gotten a single test card on a widescreen canvas that was sent over two outputs to two LED wall processors.

It begs the question: would it be worth having the option to do either...generate a Test Card per output, or a Test Card that handles the whole canvas?

Thoughts?

• Hello @Duncan,

For now, this is not planned and it has not been requested lately.

However two solutions for a single test-card for a canvas with multiple outputs :

• Using you own image file to display a single test-card
    • Having a canvas with only one (unassigned) output, then a video-routing to dispatch every part of your canvas to the right output. See this article.

Best. Philippe

• Great suggestions! Thank you.