Displays order after a reboot

JuKJuK
edited April 8 in MAIN

Bonjour,

Je rencontre un problème sur une installation fixe gérée par millumin.

Le projet tourne sur un MacStudio, relié à 2 Datapath, qui gère en tout 7 vidéoprojecteurs.

Le problème que je rencontre est qu'à chaque redémarrage de l'ordinateur, mes outputs sont inversés (de manière aléatoire) :

• parfois tout redémarre "droit"
  • parfois les 2 datapaths sont inversés
  • parfois le show se lance en plein écran sur le moniteur de contrôle.

J'ai l'impression que le problème vient plutôt de l'ordre de détection des périphériques du côté de la gestion des outputs par le mac.

Quelqu'un aurait-il une piste pour résoudre ce problème ?

Merci !

Comments

• Hello @JuK,

(I am replying in English so everybody can follow the conversation)

For info, Millumin uses multiple information to reassign the outputs during loading the project : especially the name of the output, and its position within macOS System Settings / Displays.

If every output has the same name and if macOS changes the order of the displays after a reboot, Millumin cannot reassign the outputs correctly for obvious reasons.

Go to macOS System Settings / Displays : note how your displays are arranged (where each display sends its content on stage). Reboot your computer : did the order of the displays changed ?

If so, this is the issue (so independent of Millumin), I mean all your outputs having the exact same EDID and being rearranged by macOS after a reboot.

A solution could be to use an EDID emulator, naming each output differently. There are cheap ones for $15.

Best. Philippe

• Thanks you Philippe for the answear.

I will check the output name and test your solution...

Thanks !