Version 4.18 Independent Media-layer and Timeline Parameters

Hi,

There is a notice saying there are videos showcasing the new features in 4.18, but when I click the link which leads to the Change Log page there are only still images. Are there any videos or projects you can please provide showcasing these new features?

The features don't seem to do much if anything at all. I can't even play back media on the Independent Media-layer. It should be able play media files indepedent of the column system, but nothing plays at all? It would be useful for backgrounds that need to run across multiple columns but it looks like a regular layer column structure.

I'd like to use it as a way of playing alpha transition wipes between clips, which is only possible with timelines at the moment and an ideal way in larger projects.

Thanks in advance.

Kien

Comments

• Hello @kientan,

I can't even play back media on the Independent Media-layer.

An "independent layer" does not follow the columns of the dashboard, you have to manually start the media on such a layer (by clicking on it or via interactions).

Open this project and press A, B or C on your keyboard :

I'd like to use it as a way of playing alpha transition wipes between clips

We are thinking about adding "stringer" transitions in Millumin (but nothing planned for now).

Currently, you can create "stinger" transitions with 2 columns, see this project :

Timeline Parameters

This features allows you to customize an embed timeline (in the dashboard or in another timeline).

See project below :

Best. Philippe

• These are fantastic. Thanks putting the projects together Phillipe, it all makes sense now.