Stumped with blob tracking + interactions

I'm trying to take one camera input and set up 'zones' of blob detection using the slice editor.

In the interaction panel it seems like blobs are detected but not associated with layers, which means every blob is the same blob. If I enable multiple blobs, they're sorted by order of appearance, but I really need them at least sorted by their x/y coordinates in the camera frame.

By nesting timelines, I'm able to run blob detection on the specific chunk of an image I want to look at. I'm basically just trying to scope these boolean values to a layer, which inherently associates them with a chunk of visual data.

Seems like there has to be a way to hack this together given existing features, but it would be great if a blob had x/y and layer of origin attached to it in the interaction panel.

Comments

• Hello @Ryan,

From what I understand, you want to run several blob-tracker, each for a different area of your source image. Am I right ?

In this case, yes, the blob for each blob-tracker will have the same name ("blob #1"). Indeed, the blob-tracker is rather meant to be used only once and if multiple blobs are detected, they will be followed (thus not ordered by x/y coordinates in the camera frame).

If your need is still not satisfied, feel free to create an idea on Uservoice, so we could keep track of your request and see if other users are interested.

Best. Philippe