Animating Layer Scale with Pixel Constraint

Hi,

Is it possible to animate layer scale when set to 'pixel constraint'? We often need to animate X and Y scale independently, using specific pixel values instead of percentage. When selecting 'pixel constraint', the animation options disappear, and the pixel values cannot be modified via Interactions either.

Is there a way to achieve this? Many thanks.

Comments

• Hello @ectoplasmosis,

I do not think it makes sense to set a "pixel constraint" (asking the media to have always the same size in pixels) and animating the scale.

In latest beta however, you can animate separately the scale-X and the scale-Y.

Best. Philippe

• I use pixel values all the time in other media server platforms to animate precisely... We miss this feature a lot in Millumin. Currently, we must calculate percentages to animate scale to an exact pixel value.

• Hello @ectoplasmosis,

What do you need to animate without preserving the pixel-ratio ? Sorry, it seems odd to me.

For now, it is not planned to make animable this settings, but feel free to create an idea on Uservoice, so we could keep track of this request and see if other users are interested.

Best. Philippe

• For example, we just did a show where content needed to align perfectly between a vertical LED wall element, and a ceiling LED wall element. The content creators made mistakes with the alignment in their sequences, so it was necessary to perform exact alignment in Millumin using keyframes to effect horizontal scale independently of vertical throughout a single timeline.

It was inconvenient to do this using percentages; would be much easier and more precise had we had the option of using pixel values for independent X/Y scale animation. Our other fleet of media servers (Watchout, Disguise and Pixera) all support this, apart from Millumin.

I agree that this is an uncommon need, but we have come across several shows where this is necessary, and having this ability will greatly influence the use of Millumin as opposed to other media server platforms for us.

• Hello @ectoplasmosis,

A short message to tell you that in latest beta, you can now animate pixel-size property.

Best. Philippe

• Amazing, thank you for this! Much appreciated.