Layer preview and audio routing

Hello,

I am setting a project and I want to share it with you so you could tell if it's ok (and otherwise it could be useful to other)

It's simple one, audio video content on one projector and between them a background image.

I also wanted to have to possibility to preview any clip in the output layer in an external monitor to use it as preview

So i made two canvas, one for the projector and the other for the monitor, i duplicated the projector layer so i can check any clip before launch it in the preview monitor.

I create a custom audio layout for the main layer to the soundcard and the other for the preview layer that i muted (neeede to say i can switch on and use the headphones)

Last thing, after any clip we go back to the the background image, so i set up a media track with a fade in/out on main layer, so the clips goes in and out with a nice fade.

Am I missing something? Or there is a more elegant or efficient way to do it?

Thank you so much.

Comments

• Hello @vejas,

Why not using the preview-grid ?

Best. Philippe

• Hello Philipper,

because tell me if I am wrong but with preview if I want to preview a clip in column 56 and I am actually playing the 32 I should set the preview in selected media, edit board mode, click on the media 56, exit edit board mode.

• Yes. Or always preview the column #56 directly in the preview-grid.

• Yes, sorry I explained myself wrong, what I was trying to say is that the clip I maybe had to preview could change from time to time :-D