Triggering cue via MIDI.Millumin stops responding to midi if I stop cue with the mouse

Hello, I hope someone has a solution.

I am using a Digico SD9 to send PC midi notes to trigger cues. If I freshly open Millumin it works perfectly until I edit anything in the program.

The message is still received in the monitor but it will not play the cue unless the program is re-opened and not touched.

Using Millumin 3 and iMac.

Any advise is appreciated

Comments

• Hello @isilenti,

A few questions :

• Are you sure the Digico is sending a correct MIDI signal (a note ON and OFF when you release the button) ?
    • Do you have the issue with a simple MIDI controller ?
    • Try to set the "transformer" for your interaction to "(none)" : do you have the issue ?

Best. Philippe

• Hi Phillipe

The Digico is sending a specific Midi PC change for each column. Millumin monitor does confirm a new message everytime we trigger the cue. Just no playback after a mouse click. Should I rather send Note ON/OFF?

I will check with a "simple" midi controller tomorrow as I'm not in the venue today.

Can you expand on (Try to set the "transformer" for your interaction to "(none)" : do you have the issue ?)

Thank you

Carlo

• Hello @isilenti,

Yes, please try with simple Note ON/OFF, since I'm not sure the MIDI PC signals are correctly sent by your Digico. Let us know the results.

If you can, also test with a "simple" MIDI controller, this would help us to compare with your Digico.

Thank you for your answers. Philippe

• Hi Philippe

I changed a bit and decided only to work with "play next column" for the note on for running the show

It is very stable so I think the PC msg was the issue.

I've not had the time to check with my basic midi controller but I rather went with the stream deck for calling specific cues.

Thanks again, Carlo