Millumin with Arduino and a HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensor

Hej,

I have successfully been been testing Millumin with Arduino and a potentiometer and switches for various interactive inputs, auto-coded/programmed with Millumin. I like to maintain the uploaded auto-coded/programmed settings I have now.
I now like to add a HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, and use the returned distance value as an interactive input in Millumin.
The HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensor has a transmitter and a receiver. Codes for Arduino with the a HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensor can be found at: 

I like to know if I can upload the code (and the NewPing library - see further down in the tutorial) via the Arduino Desktop IDE, and then "autoprogram" the digital output, ex D3 as " IN : sensor (such as infrared sensor or potentiometer)" for Millumin to read a value from the HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensor?

Thank you.

Arthur

Comments

• Hello @arthurs,

Since this is a special sensor, it cannot be supported by "auto program" button in Millumin.
    You
    need to program your Arduino yourself. Fortenatly, we created a library
    to ease communication between Arduino and Millumin, so you only have to
    support your sensor. More info in last section of this tutorial.

Best. Philippe
  • Thanks Philippe,

I will look into it. I am not programmer, so lets see if I manage : )

Best, Arthur

• Hi Arthur,

I was wondering if you found a way to program and use the HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensor.

I just got one here, and I'm trying to find a way to make it work.

Cheers!

Luis