Milllumin with 4 outputs via adaptators

edited July 2021 in MAIN
Hi,

I have a very strange probleme.

Sometimes, the screens of my canevas freeze 
but my timeline doesn't do this. I can still make some changes on my
timeline but it's like the screens are frozen.

I use the last beta version of millumin and I have a macbook pro 2018 with Mojave.

And something important, I Use two startech adaptators with two HDMI out each..

Do you think it is too much for Millumin to manage 4 outputs on 2 adaptators ?

Comments

• Hello @gaspard,

Regarding the load on you system, you can check that by going in "Window->Monitor->System".

Also, keep in mind that Millumin prioritize things : rendering the timeline interface is less important than sending the image to the output. So the output shouldn't froze before the interface.

Are you encountering the same kind of freezes without using the adapters ?
    Also, do you have a color wheel appearing during the freeze or you just see a framerate drop ?

Regards

--
    Antoine M*

• Hi Antoine

I am experiencing the same problem using a startech USB to HDMI adaptor Runing OS 10.14.6

on a mac mini late 2014

the problem only occurs when millumin is running. The screen freezes periodically. no wheel just a freeze.

• Hello @smiley,

A few questions to better understand your situation :

• What do you mean exactly by "freeze" ? framedrops ? If so, please show the FPS in Millumin (see "Output" menubar) then tell us how many frames are dropped per second ?
    • Do you the same problem without the Startech USB to HDMI adaptor (just a simple HDMI output) ?
    • What recommendations ae listed if you press the button "Optimize" ?
    • Open the Monitor then System tab (see "Window" menubar) : is your GPU working around 100% ?
    • What is your version of Millumin ? 3.18.k ?

Thank you for your answers point by point.

Best. Philippe