Firing Cues Out of order

Hello all!
I have a project coming up that I'm considering Millumin for. I'll have 6 videos that will be fired by an external trigger in random order. They also need to be able to overlap each other so must be completely independent.
How would you achieve this? Is Millumin the right tool?
Thanks!

Comments

• Hello @fran8619,

You can do with 6 layers in Millumin, and interactions (to use your external trigger).
    More info on this tutorial.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi Philippe,
    The issue with this is that moving from column to column would kill the previous column, correct? If two triggers are hit at the same time I'd want both to fire at once.  The equivalent of being able to run auxiliary timelines in Dataton Watchout.
    Thanks,
    Tim

• Hello @fran8617,

You can assign the interaction to a specific media (a cell in the dashboard), and it'll only start this media. You can even set the interaction, so the media is toggled (once it's started, once it's stopped). More info on this tutorial.
    If two triggers are fired at the same time, the media will be launched at the same time.

Best. Philippe
  • This is great, thanks!  I got this to work well, but I have two questions-

1) Do you have to select the layer first?
    2) When I fire the different media items I can't seem to find a way to dissolve between them. Is it possible?

Thanks again,
    Tim
  • Hello @fran8617,

1) Do you have to select the layer first?
    No.

2) When I fire the different media items I can't seem to find a way to dissolve between them. Is it possible?
    Yes, use transitions, see this tutorial.

If you're beginning with Millumin, I strongly recommend you to read the first tutorial here.
    Best. Philippe
  • Ok this worked out great, thanks!