Timeline Run

This is perhaps a very silly question (my specialty) but how can I get an entire timeline of several segments to run automatically? I want to compose the show in timeline but let it run withouit presing buttons.I cannot seem to make this work either in Timeline or Dashboard. Suggestions, please!

Best regards,

David

Comments

• Hello @Chocron

You could drag your timeline in the dashboard and use a custom segment with an autofllow behavior to do this. 
    You'll have to do this for every segment of your timeline (i.e. extend the timeline on as much collumns as the number of segments you have). 

Regards 

-- 
    Antoine M*

• Hi Antoine,

Thanks for a quick reply. I still don't get this to work properly. I would think that this is a really common function, and so far preparing two segments to follow each other seems very unintuitive. Could you please walk me thru the steps to make two segments follow each other. I'd really appreciate it. 

Thanks again!

David
  • Hello @Chocron

The purpose of the segment is to break the linéarity of the timeline thus allowing more flexibility to create "live content". 
    Mainly, this allows you to keep your show in a steady state while, waiting for real life things to happen (the end of a theatrical replica for example). 

You can find more about hoses functionalities here

To achieve your goal you have to import your timeline in the dashboard extend it and select autofollow in the custom segment. See attached screenshot as an example. 

Regards 

--
    AntoineM*
  • edited September 2017
    OK!

• Hello @Chocron

I don't understand what you want to achieve with the timelines and segments. 
    Is it to have markers like in adobe premiere ? Or is it something else? 

As said in my previous post, the segments are not meant to be used with linear content. 
    So the best way to play a timeline seamlessly will be... not to use segment.

Otherwise, you can also render your timeline into a movie file (without sound). 

So please could you explain  use why do you want to use segment in your timelines exactly ? 

Regards 

--
    AntoineM*