Next layer short cut

Hi Philippe,

is it possible to assign a shortcut "next layer" instead of "next culomn" to control it via midi and "interaction" mode?

I want to assign one button to switch between for exemple 3 layer as a pattern ( layer 1 , layer 2, layer 3, layer 1 etc... each Time I press the button) in column #1.

In parallel I want another button to switch between 4 layers in column #2.

Is that possible ?

Thanks.

Julien

Comments

• Hello @jserie,

Sorry, it's not possible.

Best. Philippe

• Hi Philippe,

do you think this is a function that could happen in the near future?

Julien

• Hi @jserie Julien

You can use Chataigne to do what you want !

I create a project with OSC to command Millumin, with 5 layers (number of layers are in the range of custom variable). But you cannot use the plugin Millumin in Chataigne because it send only string to command /action/selectLayer, so I do a custom template in OSC.

After, you can use any message to select your layer, and really do what you want.

Best !

Manu

• Hi Philippe and Manu,

With the new function "Independant media layer" can you add a shortcut "next column" for each independent media layer ? or same question as before "next layer" instead of "next culomn" in the independant media layer ?

• Hello @jserie,

For now, it is not planned, sorry. I guess this is a very specific use case, and Manu44 provided a solution.

Of course, feel free to create an idea on Uservoice, so we could keep track of your request and see if other users are interested.

Best. Philippe