Mac Studio M1 Max Performance

Been testing a base-spec Mac Studio: M1 Max, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD.

It's a beast. Running 4x 4K@60Hz outputs via two Thunderbolt to twin-Displayport adapters, playing 16x pieces of 4K@60fps ProRes content, mix of ProRes 422HQ and ProRes 4444.

That's sixteen 4K at 60fps ProRes pieces of media, out of four 4K60 outputs, on a £1600 box. Madness.

SSD read speed hovering around 4.4GB/s. Been running like this for 4 days straight, the chassis isn't even warm to the touch.

Comments

• HAP is dead.

• Hello @ectoplasmosis,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, the Mac Studio is powerful !

Best. Philippe

• Have you done any testing to see if tearing is occurring between output channels?

• Hello. Can you tell me the manufacturer or model of the adapter you used?

Have you ever used more than two adapters?

I wonder how many output of Mac Studio can be increased by using an adapter like this.

• @jasonrjones i have. Tears. I had high hopes, like the trashcan, I’m disappointed.

• @SH_SEO i tried multiports from the studio as well as an Intel certified thunderbolt to 2x hdmi. All had tearing with heavy motion into barco e2 and spyder x80

• @jasonrjones Forget about apple ever syncing the outputs. They just don't care...

@Millumin That's why I'm/many of us are hoping Millumin gets developed on windows because for example, Nvidia Sync card and Outputs between each other in these GPU on Windows can be locked.