UDX Barco projector serial command issue for fading shutter

Hey there, first time caller long time listener

controlling a bunch of barco UDX pjs via telnet but can't seem to get the string correct to get the shutter to fade out. I have control, can power on/off, shutter on/off but designer wants the shutter to fade so it doesn't snap. ANY help would be MOST helpful.

Last string I tried was:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"property.set","params":{"property":"optics.shutter.target","value":"fadeOut","2000"}

Comments

• Hi, sorry I don't have your answer.

But I'm interested. You do actually have a fade on this beamer ? What's the model ?

I couldn't find any reference about a fade in the "RS232 and Network Command Catalog - Barco".

Thx

• Hello @cwitt0324,

Are you sure you can fade ? According to documentation, there is no such "fadeOut" value available.

Did you contact Barco's support to learn more about this ?

Best. Philippe

• Hey

Yes, I am able to do this via dmx but would rather just use serial commands. In the past, with other models I've been able to accomplish this so unclear why these UDXs are different

• Hi there,

fadeOut is not a valid command and there is a missing " } " at the end of your code apparently

optics.shutter.target has only one parameter: "target"

That parameter can take only two values : "open" or "closed"

I'm trying to command an UDM from Millumin, especially to call back zoom and focus presets for different stage configurations, any one ever done that? Any idea how to get feedback informations from the Barco in Millumin?

• Hi everyone,

did someone finally manage to open and close a Barco shutter ?

I refered to the Network Barco documentation mentionned above :

"RS232 and Network Command Catalog - Barco".

I entered the following line in a String 'Command' track :

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"property.set","params": {"property":"optics.shutter.position", "value":"closed"}}

With a TCP server on port 9090 with the IP of the beamer.

The Beamer is a F80 4K 12.

But does not seem to work...

Any idea ?

Thanx !

• Hello @emericad,

Your projector may require authentification. You can disable it, see page 6 :

However, keep in mind that Millumin only sends "strings". It should not make a difference but you may ask Barco supportabout a procedure to test if the projector is working correctly (for example a command in the Terminal).

Best. Philippe

• Hi Philippe,

thanx for your answer. Unfortunatly I did not succeed, even trying to send theses authentification lines. I also did not manage to contact anyone at Barco. I asked to open an account but no answer yet.

By the way if someone has a technical contact at Barco that would be very welcomed !

These new Barco models seems to me very efficient but the json communication protocol not handy at all.

Thanx again Philippe !

• Hi peeps,

I did manage to control shutter and focus/zoom preset via millumin, here it goes:

Create a string device and enter your proj IP adress, port :9090, no need for identification

In the command line, you can copy paste the entire line:

Shutter Open {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"property.set","params":{"property":"optics.shutter.target","value":"Open"}}

Shutter Closed {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"property.set","params":{"property":"optics.shutter.target","value":"Closed"}}

Recall preset 2 {"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method": "profile.activatepreset", "params":2}

Hope it helped

Fiz