After effects Plugin

Hi,

Millumin doesn't detect AE (beta) installation

Thanks

Comments

• By the way, is there an interest to use this plugin instead of AE NDI output ?

Thanks

• Hello @hyll,

A few questions to better understand your situation :

• What is your version of After Effects ? 17.5 ? Beta M1 ?
    • What is your version of macOS ? 12.1 ?
    • What is your version of Millumin ? 4.12.d ?

Thank you. Philippe

PS : you can also use the After Effects NDI output, the main problem I see is how it handles "adaptive resolution" . Our plugin preserves the final resolution : if needed, it rescales the image to match the final resolution. The NDI output don't.

• edited January 2022

Thanks

Sorry yes, MBP M1, AE Beta v22.3 (Rosetta), OS 12.1, Millumin 4.12d.

By the way, the Plugin for Cinema 4d is installed, but it doesn't work with C4D R25. Is this an M1 issue ?

PS: You're right, I can reproduce the problem you mention with "adaptive resolution" but it seems that normalizing this NDI input is a solution.

• Hello @hyll,

What is the exact name of the application ? "After Effects" ? "Adobe After Effects 2022" ?

What is the result of the following command in the Terminal :

• defaults read "/path/Adobe After Effects.app/Contents/Info" CFBundleIdentifier

Thank you. Philippe

PS : about Cinema 4D, see this post

• edited January 2022

Hello,

it's "Adobe After Effects (Beta)"

and for your command:

"The domain/default pair of (/path/Adobe After Effects.app/Contents/Info, CFBundleIdentifier) does not exist"

I guess the info you wanted is "com.adobe.AfterEffectsBeta" ?

• Hello @hyll,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you need to replace path by the path to your After Effects application.

Anyway, I got my answers. The beta of After Effects has a different name and bundle-id, that's why Millumin cannot retrieve it. For now, we're not supporting beta versions of After Effects, and we've not compiled the AE plugin for M1 machines either (see this post).

You can install manually the plugin (see ZIP file below), but you would need to use After Effects beta via Rosetta.

Best. Philippe

• Thanks Philippe it works.