Chase/ Stobo

Hello. Can someone tell me how to program a Chase Effect or Strobe program? Essentially, I want various lights in different colors to do fun things with just one cue. This question has probably been asked or answered somewhere already. In that case, I would appreciate a link to it. Or is there a tutorial available for this? Thank you!!!

Comments

• Hello @TheaterderMitte,

Why not using a timeline to do so ?

Best. Philippe

• edited July 9

Thank you @Millumin ! Yes, that's a very good idea. But is it possible to link the timeline to the light layer? So, for example, that I jump to the timeline at light cue 27, where the lights do lots of colorful things and then I switch to light cue 28. Do you know what I mean? If you could do that, you could (I think) program a real theater show for lights.

Thank you!

• Hello @TheaterderMitte,

You can import such a timeline inside the dashboard, so you could execute the "chase" when needed.

Please note that if a timeline embed in the dashboard has conflicts with a state transition (because both try to control the same light with a light-layer for example), HTP (Highest Takes Precedence) will be applied : this is always the highest DMX value that will be sent.

More info in this article.

Best. Philippe

• @Millumin Oh wow!!! This is really great!!!!! I love this program!! It is very intuitive.

Now I have one more question: Do you have a tutorial oder sheet how to create new fixture for the Open-Fixture-Libary? Because I cant'f find all the lights I am using and for me it is not that easy to create a new fixture.

Thank you!!

• Sorry, we do not have such a tutorial. You might ask Open-Fixture-Libary for such a tutorial, as it could be interesting for everyone in the community using this standard.