MappingPresets, recall and animate mappings

edited March 2016 in LAB

WORKS ONLY WITH MILLUMIN V1

Recall and animate mappings with MappingPresets.
It is not mapping-keyframe in the timeline (they are planned !), but you can still have a lot of fun with it.

Please download it, and send me feedback !

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hello Philippe,

I wanted to test this lab feature, but when I click on the + sign, after creating a mapping on one of my layers in Millumin, it doesn't seem to record anything. The list in the mapping preset application remains empty. 
    (I checked that the ports and machine name are set correctly in the OSC prefs, everything looks ok)

Thanks in advance if you can share any advice or tip about that?
    Best,

em

ps : I'm using the latest beta version.

(apparently it works fine in the stable release, at least the presets seem to be created and added to the list, but we don't understand how to recall them..)

• Hello @eMTv,

Thank you for letting me know this. It will be fixed in the next "beta" update.
    MappingPresets is the only experimentation to have this problem, the others are perfectly working.

I sent you an email with a patched version, so you won't be blocked ;)

Best,
    Philippe
  • thanks Philippe ! 

I'll let you know how it goes...
  • Dear Philippe,

Do you think it could be possible to do almost the same with Screen corners/position transformations, in order to share these transformations among several different .millu files?

Thanks,

Vincent
  • Hello @vbaudron,

Not, for now it's not possible.
    Please submit an idea on Uservoice : it helps us to keep track of the user requests.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello, I'm trying ultilizar mapping presets but when I choose a layer to make me the preset does not work. what is the problem. as I do?
    thanks
  • Hello @tama,

Be sure to activate OSC in Millumin (click on "Device" in the icon bar, then choose the "OSC" tab).
    Click on the ">>" button in MappingPresets application for more information.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello Philippe,

It would be nice to be able to recall a preset of MappingPresets using midi.

Best,
    Philippe A.