Color changes between still image and video.

Hello,

Colors change between PNG and mov files drawn from video in After Effects.

For example, I want to export the first frame of a movie as a PNG, standby as a still image, and start playing the mov file on the next cue, but as soon as it becomes a mov file, the colors change.

When I compare these files in After Effects, I cannot tell the difference.

Is this a file-specific problem? Or is there something else causing this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello @Ma_s,

I tested and saw no difference.

Please provide samples of your PNG and MOV file so we can check.

Best. Philippe

• Hello Philipe

We have sent an email to you.

Please check it.

Best regards

• Hello @Ma_s,

Thank you for the files.

I tested your files with Millumin and several other audiovisual softwares : the problem is the same, as the image has a special color profile. I can even see the problem when using macOS Quicklook (select your file in the Finder, then press SPACE).

I exported an image from your MOV file with Atfer Effects : it works fine in After Effects but with all the other softwares (not especially Millumin).

I taook a screenshot of your movie with Millumin (see "output" menubar), and it works fine in Millumin but also with some audiovisual softwares I tested. I guess this is the way to go.

Best. Philippe

• Hello Philipe

Well, that is certainly a sure-fire way to go, and it actually worked when I tried it.

Does that mean there is something wrong with the background picture of the video or the color profile of the video itself? Since the data is brought in, it is difficult for us to know the details.

Thanks.

• Hello @Ma_s,

I think it is because of the color profile of the image.

Best. Philippe