The color changes after the screenshot

edited October 2021 in MAIN

Hello, guys

My project uses many layers because of multiple set mapping.

After mapping, I try to use a screenshot to reduce the layer. This is because screenshots can reduce multiple layers to one.

However, the still image output as a screen shot has a different color from the rendering image before the screen shot.

How can I solve this?

Comments

• Hello @SH_SEO,

We are not aware of an issue. A few questions to better understand your situation :

• Can you post a screenshot of the workpace versus the exported PNG (I need to see the difference between what is expected and the result) ?
    • What is your version of Millumin ? 3.18.m ?
    • What is your machine ? MacBookPro Touchbar with Radeon Pro 560X ?

Best. Philippe

• Thank you for the reply.

1. My machine is 2013 Mac Pro with D700.
    2. OSX 10.15.5 / Millumin 3.18m

Original

Insert the contents of the alpha channel into several layers, then launched a column, and captured the workspace.

Screenshot

The screenshot was a column launch like the original, made into a still image by take screenshot and reloaded into millumin.

When comparing the two images, the screenshot looks brighter.

Due to such an issue, the layer cannot be reduced through the screenshot function.

Is there a way to solve it?

• edited October 2021

Hello @SH_SEO,

Your PNG file may be "premultiplied" : could you activate this option in media's properties ?

Let us know the results.

Best. Philippe

• I'm sorry for the delay in answering.

As you told me, I activated the "premultiplied" option in media's properties

However, the results are the same.

Original : Activated "Premultiplied" option in media's properties of all content.

Screenshot : It's still brighter than the original content.

• edited October 2021

Hello @SH_SEO,

Did you activate this option on the PNG generated by Millumin (not on your other project files) ?

If the problem persists, please send us a minimal project reproducing the problem as well as the generated PNG.

Best. Philippe

• Hi !

I wanted to test V4 and I take a screenshot of my webcam and the .png wasn't with same colors. I test again and I think it was like screenshot apply a gamma 1.5. When I take an other screenshot with gamma 1.5 on the output, the png was the same ! Maybe it's a lead...

Best

Manu

• Hello @SH_SEO and @Manu44,

Thank you, we finally managed to reproduce the issue. The fix is ready for the next update (it was a color-profile issue).

Please send us an email you need an intermediate version.

Best. Philippe

• edited February 2022

Hello @Philippe @Manu44

I'm planning to use the Millumin 4.12f with same show soon.

Thank you for solving the problem.