V4 Suggestions / observations

1. possibility to hide selective canvas from the main column view. which lets us have the customised screen only and hides the mapping canvas after we are done with the mapping work.
  2. in the final version we can enter pixels manually by double clicking the corners in beta it is disabled. can we have same in both beta and final.
  3. when i output 108050i/60i via BMD decklink8k it forces my entire show to 25fps ?? where are my outputs are set at 60hz. when i change the BMD output to 1080p60 then it comes back to 60fps.

Comments

• Hello @Arveen,

Thank you for your feedback. To answer you :

# possibility to hide selective canvas from the main column view. which lets us have the customised screen only and hides the mapping canvas after we are done with the mapping work.

We just introduced a new concept : video routing. This may be more relevant in your case.

# in the final version we can enter pixels manually by double clicking the corners in beta it is disabled. can we have same in both beta and final.

Yes, it's planned. This feature is missing in the beta for the moment, but it will be reintegrated soon.

# when i output 108050i/60i via BMD decklink8k it forces my entire show to 25fps ?? where are my outputs are set at 60hz. when i change the BMD output to 1080p60 then it comes back to 60fps.

Technically, 1080i50 is running at 25 frames per second (half a frame being sent 50 times per second). Consequently, the Blackmagic device runs at 25fps in 1080i50 mode, and asks Millumin 25 times per second for a frame. It does not ask for "half a frame". So the behavior of Millumin is the expected one. Please contact Blackmagic support if you want details about how they treat interlaced feeds.

Best. Philippe

PS : for info, it's easier for us to manage feedback via email. Also, it'd easier for you to manage feedback from the "feedback" button in Millumin.

• hey Philippe,

1. yes i did see the video routing in V4 that was just introduced just waiting to try it out for my next event.
    2. thanks for the beat update on using pixels directly.
    3. understood the reason why 25fps is being forced due to BMD 50i

cheers.

Arveen