MilluPlug, collaborate with everything

edited March 2016 in LAB

WORKS ONLY WITH MILLUMIN V1
(Millumin V2 get native integration of MIDI, Arduino, Artnet, DMX, ...)

With MilluPlug, you can easily collaborate with other applications or devices. It supports many standards such as MIDI, OSC, DMX, Artnet, Arduino, ...

Please download the lastest version.

Comments

• Woooooow, You just have realised all my dreams. Thankkkkss a lot.

It's amazing all the capabilities which is available !!

well job !
  • It looks really amazing! 

Is it possible to use it with ENTTEC USB PRO Mk2? (I just want to decide which model to buy from ENTTEC website).

Lukas
  • Hello @lukas,

I tested MilluPlug against the classic Enttec USB Pro, but I also ordered a "Mk2" for futher testing : I should received it next week.
    I think the "Mk2" is better is many points (Enttec next generation), and you should buy this one.

Best. Philippe
  • It Would be nice to have the option "multiple OSC targets" for control multiple OSC devices from Millumin.
  • Very cool! Looks brilliant :)
  • Hey Philippe!

Very nice to see that the MilliPlug is now a puclic release!

I've got two questions:

- will it be possible to change the (four) mapping/corner points of a layer via MilluPlug? (as it is with TouchOSC)
    - Will it be possible to save to a file? I'd like to have more different list of 'plugs' and also to transfer between different computers. Opening a file with al the different plugs would be great! (or tell me where you saving this now)

Greetz,
    Maarten
  • Hello @Maarten,

To reply to your questions :
    • Will it be possible to change the (four) mapping/corner points of a layer via MilluPlug ?
      It's not planned and I'm wondering why it could be useful : please describe me a concrete case ? Tell me the story ...

• Will it be possible to save to a file ?
      It's not planned either sorry.
      In the long term, MilluPlug is meant to be included directly in Millumin with such features (import/export configurations).

Best. Philippe
  • Hello Philippe,

Thanx for your answer. 

Why it will be useful to change the corner points of a layer trough Artnet? If it is, I'm able to animate the corner points from a lighting desk in a cue, or I will be able to make changes to layers when running a show at different theaters /locations every nigh directly from my lighting desk.

It's just that I'm using these possibilities on media servers like Hippotizer and Catalyst. I know that Millumin isn't a media server, but that's why I'm asking.

Kind regards,

Maarten

• When Vezer is out it will be possible to keyframe points using MIDI or OSC. It's release is imminent.
  • vezerapp.hu
  • Hello @Maarten,

Ok, I'll try to add mapping point into MillyPlug as soon as possible.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello @lukas,

I confirm : next release of MilluPlug (coming soon) will support "Enttec USB Pro Mk2".
    I also ran tests with the "Enttec Open DMX Ethernet ODE" : it's perfectly working (via Artnet of course).

Best. Philippe
  • Hi Philippe,

As you have recommend to me I have ordered Mk2 (from yesterday I have it in my hand) and I borrowed one intelligent head (Robe LedWash 600) for testing. Till now no luck with Milluplug but I can't find event some useful and cheap software for manage DMX light. I will write to you separate email with description what I want to solve with Millumin and DMX lights. :)

Lukas
  • Hello @lukas,

As said in my previous message, Mk2 will be supported by next version (coming soon).
    Chameleon (http://www.maclightingsoftware.com/shop/web-pages/interfaces/usb-dmx-interface) is a nice tool to test (or manage) DMX lights.

Best. Philippe
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Philippe,

Congrats with a great project. I'm really looking forward to seeing this MilluPlug being finished.

One thing I've noticed is the incompatibility with Madmapper/madlight. Hope you'll be able to fix this. It's probably because of some crash between the DMX-routings or something.

I would like to be able to use Milluplug with all its features, except the DMX if necessary, at the same time as I'm using Madmapper/madlight.

Birk 
  • Hello @bnvisuals,

I don't think the MilluPlug behavior will be changed this way. However, a simple workaround consists in starting MilluPlug before pluging the Enttec device, so it won't be detected at startup (in the next version, you'll be able to redetect it later on).

Best. Philippe
  • edited July 2013
    Millumin + Milluplug + Enttec USB Pro Mk2

Dear Philippe.

As I wrote last week - I got my Enttec and I started to solve my "millimun&light" vision. ;) Idea is very simple - to create complete audiovisual show (projection, audio, lights, lasers, ...) and manage it from Millumin (with connections to other apps). 

Short description HOW I am using Millumin till now:
    I am used to create project mainly for company events - so my type of using MIllumin is starting from simple "media manager" and growing to video mappings and interactive shows. It means 1-5 layers in dashboard, 3-20 columns in dashboard and sometime a composition (and output to 1-3 "projectors or LED screens"). Each column is dedicated to some part of the event (visitors are coming to event, starting show, animated backgrounds for PIP, intermezzo, ...). No VJing or similar types of use. 

What I want to achieve:
    Ad lights which will work in sync with individual videos in my project. (I need to mention - I am TOTAL amateur in any lightning solution, so at first I do a bit research and I tried to learn about DMX protocol, lights, lighting consoles, software solutions etc. )

Based of your suggestion and your tutorials I made my first testing setup which covers my future needs. After my research I decided to don't manage lights directly from MIllumin/Milluplug but to use specialized app for DMX controlling and use Millupug to "remotely" control this app. 

What I have used:
    MacBook Pro Retina 15
    Millimun 1.34
    Milluplug
    ------
    • Millumin - simple project with one composition (one layer with video) including named cue points
    • Milluplug - three plugs to listen OSC messages from cue points and send OSC messages to QLC+ (I dint manage listening OSC messages directly between Millumin and QLC+, all cue point seems to QLC+ same ... no parameters with cue name - so just for this workaround I used Milluplug)
    • QLC+  - I created 3 very simple light scenes with intelligent heads from ROBE (green light to one direction, red to other direction, yellow strobe to celling)
    • KORG nanoPAD2 - just to easily manage MIllumin dashboard (MIDI mapping of columns) 
    And thats it. :)

Philippe - thank you for improving Millumin!!!

• Thank you @lukas for sharing your experience !
    I post this video on Millumin's Facebook wall with your credit. I hope it'd inspire other folks :)
  • Hi!

I have the exact same problem as @Maarten - the shows has to tour- so its a new theatre with a new mapping every day.

So controlling the mapping with presets in millumin and with artnet is very crucial.

Soren
  • Hello @sorkc,

I think mapping-points should come in the next update for MilluPlug. I don't have a release date yet, but it should be long (in august probably).

Best. Philippe
  • Checking out Milliplug. Interface is very clear and I am looking forward to integrating it into a forthcoming show I am working on.

Unfortunately for the moment I am not able to trigger a light using a cue point. 

- The ENTTEC USB PRO is working because I can run the test from Milliplug
    - I do notice that in the settings panel of Milliplug there is no status for the device, just a brief text explanation
    - There is a problem that when running the test in Milliplug that there is no simple way of turning off the lights within the software. I end up needing to restart the computer or probably do something else fancy to shut the lights off

I understand that the software is new and I also have to add that my knowledge of DMX is still within the realm of the theoretical, so bare with me if I am missing something.

Perhaps the problem is because I am using the 64 bit version of the FTDI driver?

Any feedback will be extremely welcome.
  • edited July 2013
    Retina, Mid 2012 15"
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    OS X 10.8.4
  • Hello @silant,

Next version of MilluPlug will tell you if your Enttec is connected or not. It will also support DMX input.
    As now, you can only send a positive DMX value if you use the "when a cuepoint is reached". But again, next version will add the possibility to force a value : for example zero, to switch off the light.

This new version should come in 1 or 2 weeks.

Best. Philippe
  • Hello,

A new update for MilluPlug is available : just check for updates ...
    In brief :
    • DMX signal in (new type of plug)
    • Support for Enttec DMX Pro Mk2
    • Minimum/maximum values for signals out
    • Midi sources and destinations (settings)
    • Fix : notes with Ableton Live
    Best. Philippe

CC @lukas @silant
  • A new version is available (1.17).
  • hi i am millumin test plug but can not find in the option anywhere to save my work, as is done? I have to redo work every time you connect?

thanks and regards.
  • Hello @circasu,

The configuration is saved automatically if you got a Millumin's license.
    If not, you cannot save your configuration. Sorry.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi Philippe,

any news on the moving mapping points through artnet/dmx or keyframes?
    I am trying to pitch Millumin to a long time Catalyst user and I need to copy the programming of a show that has been done in Catalyst. 
    It has moving scenery with projection mapped on it...

ciao

Sander