Noob question: does Millumin use OBJs and UV maps?

Hi

I'm new to Millumin and projection mapping in general. I'm trying to find the differences between Millumin and other mapping software.

I've read that other mapping softaware uses OBJ files and corresponding UV maps to successfully map content to objects / projection surfaces. Does Millumin work this way too? I can't seem to find information on this.

If Millumin doesn't have that capability, then then how can content be accuartely mapped to surfaces and objects?

Many thanks (and please excuse my ignorance!)

Ben

Comments

• Hello @benb,

Millumin doesn't use UV maps for projections, but we have a plugin for Cinema 4D or Unity. See this tutorial.

However, if you are starting with projection mapping, I really think you should not go this way first : first, understand how "2D" mapping work.

Lastly, if you are looking for video projection on big buildings, you'd probably use warping than methods involvind 3D. See this tutorial.

Best. Philippe

• Hi Philippe

Thanks a lot for getting back to me and for your advice. I'll check out those tutorials, and definitely start with a "2D" project.

Cheers

Ben