Possible Artnet Output Corruption?

Hello all,

I am experiencing something strange where when I enable Artnet, and select my output, the Artnet does not enable. It simply stays red. I have confirmed through the DMX menu that artnet is registering values, and my layers are registering values. all my DMX Layers are set to output over Artnet. But my Artnet device will not enable.

This only happens on one computer. the other one does not do this. As soon as I enable artnet, the light turns green. Is there a possible corruption? I have redownloaded the app, but I don't know if it is actually fully being deleted, because when I reopened it after redownloaded, it had most of my app settings saved still. Where is this information kept?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hello @mwebb9413,

Is your computer using Artnet with another software ?
    A red icon for Artnet is likely Millumin trying to open a port that is already used by another software (or blocked somehow).

Best. Philippe
  • The other software that would've been using artnet is closed. We were using Resolume, and recently transitioned to Millumin. However, I do not know if Resolume and Millumin use different ports to send artnet. What port does Millumin use?
  • edited August 2020
    Hello @mwebb9413,

Artnet uses UDP and port 6454, whatever it is Millumin, Arena or any other software.
    Open a Terminal, then type the following command : sudo lsof -i:6454 (your admin password will be asked)

If no application uses this port, no message will be displayed. But if an application is using this port, you will get something like below :
    admin$ sudo lsof -i:6454
    COMMAND   PID  USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
    Arena   12345 admin   24u  IPv4 0xb54aad3cd8baad08      0t0  UDP *:6454

admin$ sudo lsof -i:6454
    COMMAND     PID  USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
    Millumin3 67890 admin   31u  IPv4 0xb54aad3cd2cc4f48      0t0  UDP *:6454

Let me know the results.
    Best. Philippe
  • Thank you Philippe for the response! It seems Arena is still being registered on UDP 6454 even after I have closed it. Will run some further testing with that in mind! Again thank you for the quick and helpful response.