MTC & Timeline inside the Dashboard ?

Hi,
this is what I'm struggling with : 

On the  dashboard, I have a layer with a movie synced via MTC (from Live). The movie is synced, no problem.
I have a second layer which is a timeline also supposed to be sync via MTC.
If I open the timeline it is synced, but if I stay on the dashboard the timeline doesn't sync. 
So I guess it can't work.

Any idea of a workaround to sync this timeline to the movie ? 

I have to mention that it is a rehearsals issue, I need to stay synced with the audio whenever its starts. 
I've also tried the other way around using Millumin cues and an OSC /live/play (which works great) but it seems there's no easy way to start Live at a specific hh:mm:ss

Any idea ?
Thanks

Comments

• Hello @hyll,

Timeline embed in the dashboard cannot follow a timecode. Feel free to submit an idea on Uservoice, so we could check if other users are interested by such a feature.

However, next beta version (3.12.r) will have a new OSC message to set the time in "hh:mm:ss.sss".

Best. Philippe
  • Thanks Philippe,

Interesting, so this OSC message could be sent from the movie to the timeline, and both would be sync. Do I understand it correctly ?

Waiting to try this ;)

• Hello @hyll,

No, you can ask a movie or a timeline to go to a specific time via OSC.
    For example : /selectedLayer/media/time ["01:02:03.400"] to move playhead at 1 hour, 2 minutes, 3 seconds, 400 milliseconds.

If I understand your case, two solutions :
    - simple one : render your timeline to a MOV file
    - use an application such as Octopus to translate MTC into an OSC message to synchronize your timeline (should be sent once, not continuously)

For next beta phase (3.15.xxx), we will study the idea to add make "timeline embed in the dashboard" follow a timecode.
    Best. Philippe

• Thanks for your answer