Mute a Videoprojector with a Data Track

Hi guys, 
I've been fighting with this issue all day long. And couldn't fix it.
As the title says I try to mute/unmute my VP with a Data Track and it doesn't work.

But if I use the app "Projector Midi Remote" it works flawlessly.
So I guess there's something I'm missing :'(
Any help is greatly appreciated  ;) 

There are the screenshots of my configuration, I'll post the logs tomorrow (as I've seen the values are not correctly identified maybe that's the issue... I guess...)
1.png 74.3K
2.png 134.1K

Comments

• and this is the log, with the empty values field...
    ;)
    3.png 134K
  • OgiOgi
    edited April 2019
    Hello,
    I usually use the command:
    %1AVMT [INT_VALUE][RETURN]
    with a range of 30 and 31.
  • Hi, thanks, but it doesn't work either ;)
    I don't understand
    4.png 186.5K
  • all seems corect. Have you also remove the password of the videoprojector?
  • Yes, there's no password protection on this model.

Also, it is working without any special configuration with the apps "Projector Midi Remote" and "ProjectorManager", so...
    I'm wondering, do I need to add something in millumin to receive the information from the VP that the shutter is on ?  Like it could validate the information already send, I don't know ?!
  • Hello @hyll,

Please find here an intermediary version that has PJlink data track type.
    Please note the "show log button" will give you infos about how the projectors answer and the potential error messages.

As PJLink implementation depends on the manufacturer, we tried implement it so it works on most of the projector but unfortunatly we can't ensure it will work on every  of them.

Please let us know how it goes. And also, could you give us the reference of the projector you are trying to control ?

Best

--
    Antoine M*
  • Thanks Antoine, I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know ;) 
  • Thanks, it seems to work great ! :D 
    For info the projector is Vivitek DU8193Z

Thanks again !
  • Hello @hyll,

Good to know that it works !
    For Info, the PJLink track will be available in a future Beta release and would be included in the official version later.

Best 

--
    AntoineM*
  • Just a quick question, I know it is not a stable version but is it also time limited ? Just to know.... ;)
  • Hello @hyll,

If you use a trial, then the trial period will remain the same regardless the version you use.

The version you have will work for 90 days but a Beta version with PJLink will come before that day.

Best

--
    AntoineM*
  • edited April 2019

• Ok, I have a V3 license.
    By the way, a little feature request : would it be possible to add interactions on the “on” “off” "close" "open" buttons for “power" and “shutter”. It would be really useful during creation... ;) 
    Thanks
  • Hello @hyll,

We want to test the PJLink support before changing anything.
    A workaround could be to create 4 columns : “on” “off” "close" "open" at the end of your dashboard and to recall them with classical launch column interactions (see attached screenshot)

Would this fit your needs ?

Regards 

--
    AntoineM*
  • Thanks, good idea
  • Not such a good idea in fact :p
    Need to work on several columns and open & close shutter at will)
    Using « projector midi remote » in parallel for now ;)
    Thanks
  • Hello @hyll,

Could you fill out an uservoice on that point so we can keep track of your idea and see how it goes ?
    That said, using projector midi remote for rehearsals might not be a bad idea as you only have to close it during shows thus avoiding accidental manipulations ?

Best 

--
    Antoine M*
  • Seems ok too with Christie ;)
     tested with dwu850-gs
  • edited May 2019
    Hello @hyll,

thanks for the feedback.
    For other readers, please note that some Christies require a specific protocol that is not exactly PJLink.

Best
  • Hi, Antoine
    On your previous point :

During rehearsals, honestly the use of the Shutter Data Track is a bit tricky. 
    On one side, I need to create the PJlink Track day by day, creating the sequence of different shutter open/close columns during the show (and thanks, because I use it a lot on this particularly low light show) .
    But on the other side, I want to be able to work on a column without necessarily displaying it to the director.

So the way I do it : first, I change the projector ip to a fake one in order to disable the PJlink track.
    And I use Projector midi remote, to display or mute the column I'm working on.
    Then I put the correct ip back and goes back to the rehearsal.

So, PJlink Track for me is definitely a great improvement in Millumin.
    But working with it on a daily basis, I wish I could simply map 2 midi toggle :
    - one to enable/disable the PJlink track
    - and one Shutter open/close

My two cents ;)
    Best
  • Hello @hyll,

Thanks for sharing your idea.
    Nothing is sure for now but :
    - if you'd be able to deactivate a data track (like you do with the the eye on a normal layer).
    - another media appear that allows you to send a custom PJLink order (and since it's a media it can be triggered via midi without switching column.

Would that be ok ?

Once again, I can't promise this will happen. But it's part of the things we are thinking at.

Best

• Hi,

- if you'd be able to deactivate a data track (like you do with the the eye on a normal layer). 

Yes definitely ;) 

- On your second point, I'm not sure I get you... It would be an alternative of the data track, you'd put it in columns like the "auto go" ?! Why not, an alternative way of doing stuffs is always a good thing but I'm not really understanding the relevance of it, sorry.

To give you an example, I have a succession of 5 columns that quickly auto follow with a succession of different cues shutter close/open/close/open/close on the data track. If I want to quickly work on it :
    - I'd disable to data track
    - manually (midi key & Projector Midi Remote) close the shutter 
    - check the sequence on my display & fix stuffs.
    - then re-enable the data track & check it on the projector. 

For me, the obvious way seems to enable "interactions" on the "close" "& "open" buttons, but maybe it's a bit more complicate ;)

Hope it helps, thanks
  • Hello @hyll,

The last Beta version of Millumin (3.12.h) includes an option where you can add interactions on buttons.
    (see attached screenshot)

Best

--
    AntoineM*

• Thanks.
    Too late for me to try a beta, but I’ll test it asap,